• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Ricky Duncan now Director of Football

So is this effectively the same job spec Stan turned down?
I don't think so. Whereas RD and PB will work alongside each other with defined responsibilities, PB will not have to work through RD to communicate directly with the CEO and Ron. And PB probably retains "control' in terms of who he wants in and out with RD's assistance rather than direction. I suspect Stan will have wanted PB reporting in to him. That type of hierarchy was never going to fly. I don't know but it is probably Ron wanting to water the role down to something more like this that caused Stan to reject it.
Doesn't matter- at this moment the RD/PB relationship is perfect to take us forward IMHO.

I have no idea what a DOF does and if we need one, but I guess we'll see over time.

As long as RD keeps the continuity going with the academy, that's just as important.

I don't think so. Whereas RD and PB will work alongside each other with defined responsibilities, PB will not have to work through RD to communicate directly with the CEO and Ron. And PB probably retains "control' in terms of who he wants in and out with RD's assistance rather than direction. I suspect Stan will have wanted PB reporting in to him. That type of hierarchy was never going to fly. I don't know but it is probably Ron wanting to water the role down to something more like this that caused Stan to reject it.
Doesn't matter- at this moment the RD/PB relationship is perfect to take us forward IMHO.

I have to agree. Though, what I hear RD is no yes man. It just feels like it's a better dynamic with RD/PB/RM and hopefuly Tom will fit in as well.

We will see.

Still don’t know why we need one in NL though ? Will Ron be happy letting Tom spend his money ?
I think its more a case of Tom spending the money in a more planned and controlled way than Ron has been for the last few years and allowing Ron to focus on the Stadium/Housing project.

I have to agree. Though, what I hear RD is no yes man. It just feels like it's a better dynamic with RD/PB/RM and hopefuly Tom will fit in as well.

We will see.
You make a good point. It would be wrong to the RD is somehow preferred by PB because he is more compliant. I think there is strong mutual respect and a good straightforward relationship.

A slight whiff of the old boys club with Brown, Duncan and Martin. Hope the CEO fits in with them and is given the chance to do his job.

But in terms of putting a structure and then adding players to that structure I cannot complain at the speed it is all happening. Could it be that by end of June we have a structure and squad in place for next season?

You make a good point. It would be wrong to the RD is somehow preferred by PB because he is more compliant. I think there is strong mutual respect and a good straightforward relationship.

They're all strong people who know the club inside out, I'd rather this to be honest. Let's just hope Tom fits in. He sounds like a strong person who knows his stuff, so nothing suggests to me that he wouldn't.

NO Stan accepted the job of director of football and stook hands on it with Ron, only for Ron to back track a few days later and go back on what was agree which cause Stan to walk away..

And your Brown Sauce on this?

I personally prefer RD (I'm still not sure we need one) in this role who knows the club inside out.

What is main difference between ceo and dof?
CEO runs club top to bottom, will also include all areas such as finance, marketing, sales as well as the football side.

DOF is specifically focussed on the football side of things putting a structure around all things from 1st team down to youth, creating pathway from youth to first team and a way of playing. Also would be involved in the buying of players for the 1st team ensuring they fit into the overall structure of the type of player the club want to attract.

Vastly different roles.

creating pathway from youth to first team and a way of playing.

or in our case, young to sold for an undisclosed sum if he's hugely talented (because we need the funds) or promoted to the first team squad if they look slightly promising ? ?

Still don’t know why we need one in NL though ? Will Ron be happy letting Tom spend his money ?

I'm hoping that Tom will spend Ron's money rather more wisely than Ron has.
Hopefully, keeping some of it available for paying people like....oh I don't know....the Players, the Staff and the Inland Revenue for example.
Kavanagh certainly kept on top of those things when he was here.

Back