• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't know what to say. I didn't know him personally but he was one of my favourite posters on here. Always knowledgeable, sensible and witty. I know a lot of you did know him personally and my heart goes out to you and the rest of his friends and family.

RIP.

Literally in tears. Really was one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Always had time to say hello. Got to know him at City Shrimpers and always got on great. Don't know what to say literally mortified. RIP Harry

Just turned 60 I believe.

Thought he was about that, it does make you think I am 60 next April myself, I retired in February after 43 years of work my Dad died aged 56 and too many friends of mine have died young, if people can afford it retire early and enjoy life this is not a rehearsal.

Literally in tears. Really was one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Always had time to say hello. Got to know him at City Shrimpers and always got on great. Don't know what to say literally mortified. RIP Harry

Hit me this morning like a punch in the stomach. People always talk about how nice people are in these instances. But Harry was just one of those really top, top guys. Saw him last week before the game and we stopped for a chat. He'll be missed on here for sure.

RIP mate.

Just got the Facebook message. totally gutted
Harry is one of my oldest friends at football having met him on the North bank almost 35 years ago
We lost touch for a while when he went abroad but after a post I made on here some years ago I got a PM frrom someone called canveyshrimper which simply said I think I know you. ...
Wicked sense of humour, disgusting farts and a great mate
RIP Harry

I don't know what to say. I didn't know him personally but he was one of my favourite posters on here. Always knowledgeable, sensible and witty. I know a lot of you did know him personally and my heart goes out to you and the rest of his friends and family.

RIP.

I can only echo Beefy's sentiments here. I never met him or knew him personally, but I know he'll be missed on this board. Awful news.

RIP.

What awful news, I didn't know him personally but it's always tragic to hear of the loss of a fellow Shrimper, will be greatly missed on here.

RIP

Awful news, didnt know him but always an insightful and humorous poster, will be much missed from this great forum. RIP and condolences to his family.

Be a nice tribute this weekend if we actually got spanked by Cheltenham!

Totally shocked . A great bloke . Don't know what to say really other than a great man who was a pleasure to know and work with on the Zone .
RIP Harry .

Just saw this on twitter. Gutted, one of SZ & life's good guys. He helped me out with travel info for the Olympic Mountain Biking not so long ago, and once even offered me his SUFC ticket for match as he knew I couldn't get along much. He'd never even met me.

My condolences to all who really did know him.

Godspeed Canveyshrimper.

Had known Harry pretty much all my life; really gutting news.

I'll be getting a few ales in tonight and raising a glass to a lovely man.

We never met, but I didn't have to meet him in person to know what a genuine, nice guy he was. We were going to meet up on my next trip down, but not to be. Rest in Peace, Harry.

Truly loved his posts. He must have been the same age as me as a lot of the memories were the same and struck chords. A terrible shame. I did not know him personally but wish I had.

Devastating news. One of the most likeable, kind, warm-hearted, wise and generous Shrimpers I've ever met. A big loss to this site, and to the SUFC-supporting fraternity.

Totally gutted, and right now I'm feeling even further from home than I normally do.

RIP Harry. I will raise a glass tonight.

:'(

Just heard.

OH NO NO NO.

Can't think what to say right now.

RIP Harry and God Bless

H

Back