• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Robins bid for Blues' target

For those who cant access link it say:
"Watford this morning confirmed they have not received a bid for Robinson, who still has two years left on his contract at Vicarage Road."

Just goes to show how much bull gets spouted at this time of year about transfers. The thought of 3 months of increasingly hysterical and panic-stricken transfer speculation on here is a depressing one.

Oh come on. We should be able to p*ss all over Swindon's bid.

Why, exactly? I suspect that we only spent £10k on players last season for a reason, and they are about to come into a huge windfall from selling Cox.

Any chance of signing Theo could be destroyed by Swindon, or any other Club, bidding because I doubt we're in any position to compete.

Tried and tested striker, good ratio, should have scored more while he was here to be honest, but he is young so I reckon he could turn into a 20 goal a season striker. We need to get him. Then we are sorted upfront once we have got Mecheda.

For the people saying they wouldn't mind if we didn't sign theo, i hope you are very happy with another season being mid table, because with the current usain bolts we have in the team streaming through the middle we are sure to get in behind teams and score goals.
And for the person that said he doesn;t wants robinson to sign because we started playing the long ball, were you not watching when we played revell up front? he is what as known as a "target man", you know, the kind of player that you lump the ball up to to win flick ons.
I'm sorry if this sounds a little sarcastic a maybe a bit annoying, but i honestly believe that some people do not want us to get out of this league, comments like that are ridiculous and you ask most southend fans and 99 out 100 of them would have robinson back!

For the people saying they wouldn't mind if we didn't sign theo, i hope you are very happy with another season being mid table, because with the current usain bolts we have in the team streaming through the middle we are sure to get in behind teams and score goals.
And for the person that said he doesn;t wants robinson to sign because we started playing the long ball, were you not watching when we played revell up front? he is what as known as a "target man", you know, the kind of player that you lump the ball up to to win flick ons.
I'm sorry if this sounds a little sarcastic a maybe a bit annoying, but i honestly believe that some people do not want us to get out of this league, comments like that are ridiculous and you ask most southend fans and 99 out 100 of them would have robinson back!

It's not about not wanting him back. I don't believe for a second that there's money there to compete with other Clubs over a player like Robinson. And if there is a bit money I'd rather it be spent on some defenders or a winger over a seventh striker.

It's not about not wanting him back. I don't believe for a second that there's money there to compete with other Clubs over a player like Robinson. And if there is a bit money I'd rather it be spent on some defenders or a winger over a seventh striker.

spot on, tilly will be expected to build a competitive side on a small budget(again) and while Im sure tilly would like to spend what little cash he does have on theo, the pressing matter of filling positions we have no players for is far more important, we have strikers in abundance, winger please and CB I say

That is a bargain for Theo. RM really does need to get the pennies out on this one if that is true.

I really hope we aren't waiting and seeing if Hooper, Bailey and JCR get sold this summer before we have money to spend.

That is a bargain for Theo. RM really does need to get the pennies out on this one if that is true.

I really hope we aren't waiting and seeing if Hooper, Bailey and JCR get sold this summer before we have money to spend.

I should imagine we are waiting on the sale of said players, not only to finance squad building but for general running of the club too, I hear seasos are down on last season for starters

I should imagine we are waiting on the sale of said players, not only to finance squad building but for general running of the club too, I hear seasos are down on last season for starters

I suspected that would be the case, but if players like Robinson, who made a massive difference to us, are avaliable at around £100k we are going to miss out to teams like Swindon et all.

Totally agree with boywonder2 here, RM needs to release some funds and get Theo signed up if he is going for that cheap. He is a proven goalscorer and really did do the business for us during his spell. We cannot lose out on him to Swindon that would really be a kick in the bollocks. Paynter and Robinson upfront! That is a disaster when we play them waiting to happen.

i honestly dont care if we sign him or not. i think he is over rated.

Totally agree with boywonder2 here, RM needs to release some funds and get Theo signed up if he is going for that cheap. He is a proven goalscorer and really did do the business for us during his spell. We cannot lose out on him to Swindon that would really be a kick in the bollocks. Paynter and Robinson upfront! That is a disaster when we play them waiting to happen.

The thing is where does Ron release these funds from? if we havent got the cash then we havent got it, I liked him as a player but would rather the finances were kept in order than adding another striker to the list, remember swindon are flogging cox for a nice lump and can pay 150k aprox for theo, we could maybe pay 100k but then theres his wages to pay too.....

just a little thread crossing also, looking at things from the money side of things, lets say we are going to get sears in on loan all season and we have to stump up 20/30 k of his wages opposed to shelling out 100/150k for theo then paying him 75/100 grand a year whats the better option financially? especially in the current economic climate, I know this may seem a tad short sighted but thats footy at the mo

The thing is where does Ron release these funds from? if we havent got the cash then we havent got it, I liked him as a player but would rather the finances were kept in order than adding another striker to the list, remember swindon are flogging cox for a nice lump and can pay 150k aprox for theo, we could maybe pay 100k but then theres his wages to pay too.....

RM stated that money was avaliable to be spent in January, and we went on to make a "six-figure sum bid" for Mike Williamson from Wycombe who ended up joining Watford. He also had bids turned down for Matt Ritchie, Bradley Johnson, Liam Dickinson and Chris Dickson so there must be some form of money there.

RM stated that money was avaliable to be spent in January, and we went on to make a "six-figure sum bid" for Mike Williamson from Wycombe who ended up joining Watford. He also had bids turned down for Matt Ritchie, Bradley Johnson, Liam Dickinson and Chris Dickson so there must be some form of money there.

but if there is some money, isn't it better off being spent elsewhere? I'd like to see Theo join us, but presumably our transfer budget isn't massive and with so many gaping holes throughout the squad aren't we better off spending whatever cash we have on other positions?

but if there is some money, isn't it better off being spent elsewhere? I'd like to see Theo join us, but presumably our transfer budget isn't massive and with so many gaping holes throughout the squad aren't we better off spending whatever cash we have on other positions?

Arguably yes, but Robinson made as much of a difference as Dervite has. Brushy stated on the OS that they are looking at left sided players, defenders and a striker. We know what Robinson is all about, we have effectively had him on "trial" if you like for 6 months. He knows the players, knows the area and we know about him. Tilly did say when he brought HRK in the second time "better the devil you know".

Back