• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nothing to do with five at the back, one up front and a wholly defensive mindset then?

Your free tickets from Phil really do give you a conflict of interest that you probably should declare.

Your inferiority complex seems to be getting worse.

Not sure why people have decided Inniss has to be dropped. I know we have a history of 'lets hate the new boy' school playground mentality but he has done more than ok in his first few games.

He looked better each game on the 3 home matches and was not to blame for the goals on Saturday. In fact if you want just 2 CB's then he would be the obvious choice with either Barrett or Ferdinand sweeping.

Compare him to Thompson.
I thought he was better than Thompson in the air (although having seen Rochdale's first goal, I'm not entirely sure about that).
But Thompson is better in every other respect, surely?

Compare him to Thompson.
I thought he was better than Thompson in the air (although having seen Rochdale's first goal, I'm not entirely sure about that).
But Thompson is better in every other respect, surely?

Obviously Inniss is better in the air, its Thompson's weakness. Inniss puts in a decent challenge and is quicker than you think.

The guy who scored Rochdale's first was Wordsworth's player but because people see Inniss as the nearest on the Highlights they have blamed him. Inniss was marking their 9 Andrew. Besides it was great delivery which results in goals scored like that every week at all levels.

Nothing to do with five at the back, one up front and a wholly defensive mindset then?

Your free tickets from Phil really do give you a conflict of interest that you probably should declare.

Your inferiority complex seems to be getting worse.[/QUOTE}

Rigsby- I have said before that I like your match reports , especially if I am not at the match. However 12 match reports- guess how many do not mention Brown getting the tactics and set up wrong ?

Rigsby- I have said before that I like your match reports , especially if I am not at the match. However 12 match reports- guess how many do not mention Brown getting the tactics and set up wrong ?

I thought his latest match report mentions getting the tactics wrong. Suggesting Mooney starting instead of Cox and Fortune was a mistake.

That's how I read it, anyway.

There's been a lot of anti-PB stuff in the last few weeks. Justified in some respects, so it's actually quite refreshing to get a little balance.

I thought his latest match report mentions getting the tactics wrong. Suggesting Mooney starting instead of Cox and Fortune was a mistake.

That's how I read it, anyway.

There's been a lot of anti-PB stuff in the last few weeks. Justified in some respects, so it's actually quite refreshing to get a little balance.

I read it as one or the other should have started instead of Mooney? if it was a dig at the formation then it was far to subtle for me.

As you said its good to read stuff to give us some balance. However I like it when someone who so obviously has an axe to grind (either way) actually says something against their general viewpoint- that means a lot to me.

As an aside I have just read the secret footballer and the chapter on 'fans' . The author goes into detail on how in general we know sod all. He actually gives an example where a team plays one up front and the manager does what the fans see as a one for one substitution when the fans want two up front. The fans don't see the subtle changes that accompany the substitution allowing another player to play further forward------ who goes on to win the game . Interesting reading

Last edited:
Good points 'United'. I think the reference 'and' rather than 'or' suggested he would have started with two upfront.

There's some great books about the psychology of football fans. Particularly the obsessive behavior patterns of football followers. That 'Secret Footballer' looks like a good read. I'll try to grab that at some point.

In essence, football is chaos, watched and commented on by perfectionists, with a hundred sub-plots in-between.

What did Peter Clarke do to deserve that! I thought 12 matches seemed harsh until I saw the clip!

Take note Sam McQueen, that's how to go down after being elbowed.

I read it as one or the other should have started instead of Mooney? if it was a dig at the formation then it was far to subtle for me.

As you said its good to read stuff to give us some balance. However I like it when someone who so obviously has an axe to grind (either way) actually says something against their general viewpoint- that means a lot to me.

As an aside I have just read the secret footballer and the chapter on 'fans' . The author goes into detail on how in general we know sod all. He actually gives an example where a team plays one up front and the manager does what the fans see as a one for one substitution when the fans want two up front. The fans don't see the subtle changes that accompany the substitution allowing another player to play further forward------ who goes on to win the game . Interesting reading

We are all armchair managers!

It was posted on another forum I visit and thought I'd drop it on here.

If I did that in a pub (for example) I'd be looking at prison!

I've found it works quite well in the Spread Eagle at about ten past two on a match day. You'd never get served otherwise.

I've found it works quite well in the Spread Eagle at about ten past two on a match day. You'd never get served otherwise.

If you're going to start posting on this thread again best you answer questions put to you on the same thread first.

You give it out but then run away.

Back