• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hopefully they will have half their mind on the following Saturday's FA Cup 4th round draw with Millwall, rather than us.

Unfortunately backing our opposition of late has been pretty profitable for me at the bookies. I shall be buying money again and backing Rochdale. I hope we win of course. But unfortunately that thing picking the team is a shambles.

Picking the side is a lottery, Oxley,Demi,White,Coker,Hendrie

kightly, ? , Timlin, McLaughlin
Cox,Fortune
subs Wabo,Bishop,Ferdinand,yearwood,Kyps,McTrash,Rubbishon
Didnt PB play Coker in the CD position for awhile last week , wouldnt surprise me if he went along that road again,have no idea who he will play to partner Timlin in midfield after someone posted that Yearwoods confidence was shot. Maybe PB will tinker more and trry Cox there and play Wabo along side Maf, I truly have no idea .In PB we errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtrust mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I don't think Turner will be fit for a while, sadly.

So, the team pretty much picks itself.

Oxley

Demetriou
White
Ferdinand
Coker

McLaughlin
Timlin
Kightly
McGlashan

Cox
Fortune

Subs -

Whoever left that is fit.

That is an awful midfield.

Oxley

Demetriou
White
Ferdinand
Coker

McLaughlin
Timlin
Kightly
McGlashan

Cox
Fortune

Subs - Whoever left that is fit.

I think he'll start Harry Kyp alongside John, I also think Stephen Hendrie might be a shout for the left wing, thought he did ok on Saturday, Wabo has to feature though at some point.

Oxley
Demetriou, White, Kyprianou, Coker
McLaughlin, Kightly, Timlin, Hendrie
Cox, Fortune

I know it's early days, but I was right in line when he picked the ball up on the touchline for that cross-shot and it had a touch of Freddy at his best, about it.

No pressure on the lad, of course!

Oxley

Demetriou
White
Ferdinand
Coker

McLaughlin
Timlin
Kightly
McGlashan

Cox
Fortune

Subs -

Whoever left that is fit.

On the bench then

Harrison
Brown
Horton
Coughlan
Maher
Dear
Crown

:hilarious:

Can't understand fortune ahead of Wabo in people's teams. Another player who got a nice deal after a few good games.

Based on some of the awful selections I have seen flying around, and given we need to win..

Oxley
JD White Kyp Coker Hendrie
------------------------------------
Kightly Wabo Cox MAF McGlaughlin​

If Turner is injured and Ferdinand not ‘at it’ for whatever reason , I would go with the following ( again assuming Wordsworth, Wright and Kiernan are nowhere near the team )

Oxley
White , Kyprianou , Coker, Hendrie
Demitriou , Timlin , Yearwood , McLaughlin
Cox , Fortune

subs : Bishop, Ferdinand , Elvis , Kightly, McGlashan , Wabo , Ba

Just think a basic 4-4-2 at least makes it easier for the players to know their roles.
Ive been pro Brown for most of his time here and really thought we would kick on again given the signings we made this season, but Saturday was very clear that this situation sadly won’t right itself. Whether it’s solely the Manager or also partly down to the team , it is a shambles right now.
I never want to see my team do anything other than win and that will again be my attitude come Saturday, but part of me also fears that a win will just paper over the cracks and delay getting in a new Manager.
Relegation is now a real possibility and sadly , looking at Saturday, I think a real probability.
I can’t see how we have the players and tactics to cause anyone a problem right now but hope I’m wrong.

As a side note , please don’t put all hopes ( and pressure ) on a young kid just up from the youths.
i think he looks a prospect , but also looks about 12 and needs time

If Turner is injured and Ferdinand not ‘at it’ for whatever reason , I would go with the following ( again assuming Wordsworth, Wright and Kiernan are nowhere near the team )

Oxley
White , Kyprianou , Coker, Hendrie
Demitriou , Timlin , Yearwood , McLaughlin
Cox , Fortune

subs : Bishop, Ferdinand , Elvis , Kightly, McGlashan , Wabo , Ba

Just think a basic 4-4-2 at least makes it easier for the players to know their roles.
Ive been pro Brown for most of his time here and really thought we would kick on again given the signings we made this season, but Saturday was very clear that this situation sadly won’t right itself. Whether it’s solely the Manager or also partly down to the team , it is a shambles right now.
I never want to see my team do anything other than win and that will again be my attitude come Saturday, but part of me also fears that a win will just paper over the cracks and delay getting in a new Manager.
Relegation is now a real possibility and sadly , looking at Saturday, I think a real probability.
I can’t see how we have the players and tactics to cause anyone a problem right now but hope I’m wrong.

As a side note , please don’t put all hopes ( and pressure ) on a young kid just up from the youths.
i think he looks a prospect , but also looks about 12 and needs time

Agree with the team Danny, although maybe I would give Elvis a run from the start at RB. On the side note, you will know he's ready when he wears proper tie ups for his socks rather than tucking his socks in his shin guards, You're not in the playground now Norman.

I see Rochdale have sold their left back Joe Bunney to fellow relegation battlers Northampton. Mixed emotions about it on their fans forum, apparently leaving them short of options in the left back position (we know that feeling all to well ourselves), apparently a decent crosser of the ball and the clubs leading player with assists. So hopefully that's some good news & they don't get a replacement in before we face them at the weekend.

Should be ok, Just a dusting by the look of things, with sleet & rain forecast from tomorrow onwards to Saturday should was it away pretty quickly, as well as day & night temperatures are expected not to drop below 0'C. Saturday is forecast to be sunny but cold.

Back