• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Romanians flee homes after attack

They are only illegal immigrants if they don't go through the correct channels when the arrive or they have been granted leave to remain. It would be at the point of the application being examined would the matter of the first safe country be considered and I would hope that it is considered as a routine part of the process (whether it is addressed then not considered sufficient to refuse leave is another issue)

So you agree in principle that they should have applied for Asylum in the first safe country which in all probability wouldnt be the UK. Unless of course they think ohh dont fancy that much the benefits will be miles higher in England.

So you agree in principle that they should have applied for Asylum in the first safe country which in all probability wouldnt be the UK. Unless of course they think ohh dont fancy that much the benefits will be miles higher in England.

And so we return to the old "Soft Touch Britain" viewpoint that the rest of the world looks at us as

Come on GB ... time to toughen up ONCE AND FOR ALL !!!!

Part of me thinks people who have shown the initiative to get to the UK (by crossing the borders of numerous countries with no money and without being detected) have more to offer than some of the people who were born in the UK and didn't (not couldn't) appreciate the advantages they have over a large percentage of the rest of the worlds population.

Last edited:

I was saying that the matter of first safe country should be taken into consideration as part of the application review process, along with any reasons given by the applicant for applying to the UK as opposed to other countries.

Can somebody please explain to me how it is OK for non-UK nationals to enter the country and get all manner of help & assistance in terms of benefits but when I was unemployed for 6 months last year myself & my "young family" were forced into living on one small P/T salary, £60.50 a week in JSA and no other assistance at all from central government or the local authority. In fact, the response we got to our request to being considered for Council Tax Benefit was one of the most rudely worded pieces of correspondence I have ever received.

We only kept our heads above water thanks to me investing a 4 figure sum from my 2004 redundancy, maxing out our credit cards and other handouts from family. Something else I found disgusting was the newly arrived "migrants" wandering around our local Tesco's with 20 pink cards which entitled them to buy "necessities" like a TV, DVD player, phone, deep-fat fryer, iPod, laptop etc etc etc...

Answers on a postcard please...

Can somebody please explain to me how it is OK for non-UK nationals to enter the country and get all manner of help & assistance in terms of benefits but when I was unemployed for 6 months last year myself & my "young family" were forced into living on one small P/T salary, £60.50 a week in JSA and no other assistance at all from central government or the local authority. In fact, the response we got to our request to being considered for Council Tax Benefit was one of the most rudely worded pieces of correspondence I have ever received.

We only kept our heads above water thanks to me investing a 4 figure sum from my 2004 redundancy, maxing out our credit cards and other handouts from family. Something else I found disgusting was the newly arrived "migrants" wandering around our local Tesco's with 20 pink cards which entitled them to buy "necessities" like a TV, DVD player, phone, deep-fat fryer, iPod, laptop etc etc etc...

Answers on a postcard please...

No postcard required mate. White and British would be your answer. And before all the leftys get on the racist bandwagon, maybe they could come up with some examples of white British people being put ahead of non white foreigners.

My old man used to tell me "son, you have won the lottery of life, you are white and english. You'll be OK". Unfortunately with all this positive discrimination occuring all over the white, western world I'm beginning to think being a eastern european refugee would be pretty good. What is it?? House, dinner tickets, school and hospital treatment for all, electric paid for, no TV license required etc etc. And there's me, paying a student loan back every month, plus 40% tax etc. Why bother!!!!

Migrants - Could be stopped if we removed ourselves from the EU, which wouldn't affect free trade but would give back our control of our own borders.

Too true, this link between the EU and trade is made up by the politicians who do not want to pull out of the EU. Our trade would not be affected!!

House, dinner tickets, school and hospital treatment for all, electric paid for, no TV license required etc etc. And there's me, paying a student loan back every month, plus 40% tax etc. Why bother!!!!

Funny, I get school and hospital treatment as well. Am I an immigrant?

It's not racist to moan, but it's a bit boring and predictable. Dont like where you live - move.

Funny, I get school and hospital treatment as well. Am I an immigrant?

It's not racist to moan, but it's a bit boring and predictable. Dont like where you live - move.

The difference is that your parents, and you have proabably paid into the system which gives you the right to access these services.
Immigrants and their forefathers have paid Zilch into the services and still get FREE access! It's bollox.

Why should I move? We should ship these legal, illegal immigrants out!!! The sooner the better!! Mind you I say the same for the British Benefit class! Medical experiments or send them elsewhere!!

The difference is that your parents, and you have proabably paid into the system which gives you the right to access these services.
Immigrants and their forefathers have paid Zilch into the services and still get FREE access! It's bollox.

Why should I move? We should ship these legal, illegal immigrants out!!! The sooner the better!! Mind you I say the same for the British Benefit class! Medical experiments or send them elsewhere!!

Yes they have paid nothing in, but I bet there's more people who have paid more than their fair share and havent needed edcuation or hospital treatment. It is supposed to balance out.

To where? Back where they came from? You'd have to pretty desperate to emigrate to Scotland. :)

Yes they have paid nothing in, but I bet there's more people who have paid more than their fair share and havent needed edcuation or hospital treatment. It is supposed to balance out.

To where? Back where they came from? You'd have to pretty desperate to emigrate to Scotland. :)

I guess that's the difference. I don't agree with balancing out when some people pay more!! It's fundamentally wrong!! Why should those that work hard pay for feckers that don't!! It's bollox.

I guess that's the difference. I don't agree with balancing out when some people pay more!! It's fundamentally wrong!! Why should those that work hard pay for feckers that don't!! It's bollox.

Because some people can't work, i.e. disabled, unemployed, long-term sick, etc etc. We as a society have a moral duty to help those who need it.

Playing devils advocate should you only be given expensive medical treatment if you can prove you have paid the relevant amount into the NHS?

Because some people can't work, i.e. disabled, unemployed, long-term sick, etc etc. We as a society have a moral duty to help those who need it.

Agreed pn that front, except the unemployed, there is no reason to be unemplyed, there are always jobs available!!! We do not have a moral duty to non indigineous folks of this land!!

Agreed on that front, except the unemployed, there is no reason to be unemployed, there are always jobs available!!!

Not specifically true.
From July to December last year I must have applied for (or been put forward for by agencies) about 2 or 3 jobs a week. Some I got as far as interview, some were totally unrelated to my qualifications/experience but I went for months without even getting a sniff of a job.

I then managed to secure 3 weeks of Xmas work with the Royal Mail (again totally poles apart from my previous career) but was harrassed/stereotyped/bullied in my time there, all because I didn't fit the so-called profile of somebody who should have been doing my job. In fact, it was put to me at least 5 times from differing grades or colleagues, even managers that I was a journalist who had been put in there under cover to try & create a story that innocent posties were ripping off the mail in credit crunch Britain, all totally untrue of course!

As most people on here know, I've got an interest/passion in cycling so I figured I would try & get a job in a bike shop, if only to get a decent staff discount going ;) - however after spending a good few hours on 2 application forms/covering letters etc I got nothing in response. The last time I was in one of these stores I asked to speak to one of the senior sales guys and questioned him about my application & thy said there was no way somebody with my experience/previous salary would have been considered appropriate for such a job.

Last edited:
I heard on the radio this morning that one of the romanians was attacked because he was taking a dump on the pavement.

It must have been quite amusing to watch this geezer trying to scuttle away, dodge stones and wipe his arse all at the same time.

Illegal Immigrants don't get benefits, Illegal immigrants survive by being under the radar, so next time you get someone to do a cash in hand job, or feel that you have got a bargain "off the back of a lorry" it is likely to be because someone somewhere is avoiding paying their dues.

Back