• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davew

Coach
not heard anything from Ron Martin lately or have i missed anything ?

I prefer it that way as everything that man says turns out to be complete ********

Is this the same Ron (who I am no fan of) that has seemingly bowed down to most of PBs numerous player, loan and backstage requests this season. If (when) we fail to go up this season I will firmly defend against anyone that suggests it was Ron's fault.

Ron Martin has worked night and day for a number of years to keep this club afloat. Without Ron Martin we would be languishing in the conference by now or be wound up by the high court. You have no idea about the time and effort Ron puts into this club and still gets this kind of abuse. If you had any idea of the facts you might be a lot more humble. I find most of the comments regarding Ron as both highly offensive and totally misguided.

I have worked night and day for a number of years to keep this club afloat. Without me you would be languishing in the conference by now or be wound up by the high court. You have no idea about the time and effort I put into this club and I still get this kind of abuse. If you had any idea of the facts you might be a lot more humble. I find most of the comments regarding me as both highly offensive and totally misguided.

Edited for accuracy.

Our chairman has spoken.:winking:

I have to agree with orm. On the playing side he has been relatively supportive of a number of managers over quite a few seasons in a bid to get us out of this division. If his grand plan was to send us into oblivion, as some suggest, he had a great chance many years ago when sturrock took over with no players.

Obviously behind the scenes with the non stadium is a different matter.

Ron has without doubt kept our club afloat for many years now. All credit to him for that, though his reasons weren't entirely selfless. What nags in the mind is what would have happened without Ron? Would we be in a better, worse or non-existant position now? Would we have attracted a mega wealthy investor? We shall never know.

Ron Martin has worked night and day for a number of years to keep this club afloat. Without Ron Martin we would be languishing in the conference by now or be wound up by the high court. You have no idea about the time and effort Ron puts into this club and still gets this kind of abuse. If you had any idea of the facts you might be a lot more humble. I find most of the comments regarding Ron as both highly offensive and totally misguided.

There's a difference between working hard and working smart. I would say Ron does the former, but not the latter.

So true.

He does this for the love of the club and not any financial reward. The fact he came in and took away our prize asset (Roots Hall) and gave it to himself was done through adoration for the fans and not so he could charge £400k a year in rent and then sell it for millions later.

Milan Mandaric would buy a club for peanuts, make them "financially safe" (whatever that means) and then just sell them on a few years later for a massive profit, that is greed!

Meanwhile, Ron has sacrificed his life making sure we continue to grow and never get to that awful "financially safe" state that Mandaric leaves clubs in.

Think if Ron hadn't been around all this time we would have attracted someone or some consortium with wods of money. But we shall never know. Ron never put out the feelers to sell the club because he wants the huge profits from the future Fossetts development. If Ron truly was in it for SUFC alone he would always have had the club up for sale.

How do you feel about him selling all of our assets?

Alright Ron, calm down.

A list of some of the clubs that have gone into administration since 2000 (just some)

Crawley
Luton
Chester
Rotherham
Bradford
Notts County
Barnsley
Vale
York
Darlington
Cambridge
and many, many more.

From the BBC-

In the lower divisions where revenues are a fraction of that of the Premier League, the situation is not pretty. In the Championship, which is the second tier of football in England, only three clubs made an operating profit last season and only five made a net profit once player trades are taken into account.
Not a single club in League 2 runs at a profit.

All those who think Ron Martin is sitting on a pot of Blue gold please think again.
There is no knight in shining Armour waiting to buy this club. It is all dreaming.

A list of some of the clubs that have gone into administration since 2000 (just some)

Crawley
Luton
Chester
Rotherham
Bradford
Notts County
Barnsley
Vale
York
Darlington
Cambridge
and many, many more.

From the BBC-

In the lower divisions where revenues are a fraction of that of the Premier League, the situation is not pretty. In the Championship, which is the second tier of football in England, only three clubs made an operating profit last season and only five made a net profit once player trades are taken into account.
Not a single club in League 2 runs at a profit.

All those who think Ron Martin is sitting on a pot of Blue gold please think again.
There is no knight in shining Armour waiting to buy this club. It is all dreaming.

Im sure ive read somewhere recently that in the last ten years over 50 league clubs have gone into administration. Added to that the likes of Darlington and Hereford who have got out of existence. RM may not be evryone cup of tea and in part i can understand, but i think he deserves a bit more credit and respect than he gets at times. As others have said he hasnt exactly held back PB in the transfer market yet we appear to be no further down the line on the pitch than we were this time three years ago. I dont think blame can be attached to RM for the performances on the pitch, unless he tells PB to take off Piggott and put Payne on twice in a week when we needed a goal!!!!

Back