• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin - A disgrace!

Unless I am being lied to be several stewards (which I doubt). They have not been paid and some more than one month behind on payments. It's disgusting. Anyone who thinks thats acceptable to me is a ****.
so far no-one has said it's acceptable - therefore no ****'s about

I heard from someone who attended one of the hospitality areas that some catering staff said that they had not been paid.

There you go. You both seem very sure. Who is right?

this is pure guesswork, but I know that I see my wages in the evening (santander) where as collegues who use other banks do not see their wages until the next morning. Could this be the same thing, and on Monday morning the 'not paid' staff will see the payments in their accounts?

this is pure guesswork, but I know that I see my wages in the evening (santander) where as collegues who use other banks do not see their wages until the next morning. Could this be the same thing, and on Monday morning the 'not paid' staff will see the payments in their accounts?

That is a very good point.

Thankfully whatever his faults Ron is the chairman in for the long haul, and as BriggBlue said I won’t begrudge the money he gets when the new ground goes ahead ( yes I know it’s been going on years ). Everyone has their own opinion but I feel that some people must think there are queues of people wanting to be Blues chairman and pay out their own pocket to help the club. We’ve read horror stories of some chairman’s/ consortiums. Ok some will think I’m wrong, well Glen Tamplin is easy to contact on Twitter

I spoke to several people who work for the club today who confirm they have not been paid yet. They also confirmed payments are behind not just recently and been told things which have not materialised.

As much as I love SUFC I can't give money towards this disgusting man.

Think we are better off trying to start again and boycott this man totally!

Great idea, let's completely destroy the club we love because it's owner doesn't have limitless funds/a money tree in the back garden.

Get a grip man!

I spoke to several people who work for the club today who confirm they have not been paid yet. They also confirmed payments are behind not just recently and been told things which have not materialised.

As much as I love SUFC I can't give money towards this disgusting man.

Think we are better off trying to start again and boycott this man totally!

Oh the irony!

Great idea, let's completely destroy the club we love because it's owner doesn't have limitless funds/a money tree in the back garden.

Get a grip man!

I think it's Martin who needs to get a grip.basis rule of business,always pay your staff on time no ifs or buts.

has anyone else heard anything about a takeover involving a middle eastern business man that made his money in the chemical industry wants to invest heavily in the club, Apparently Sheik Nvak wants to refresh the club. Link to story

has anyone else heard anything about a takeover involving a middle eastern business man that made his money in the chemical industry wants to invest heavily in the club, Apparently Sheik Nvak wants to refresh the club. Link to story
I bet you’ve been waiting for a thread like this to use that. :Winking:

However some

Get a grip man!

Hardly any owners of companies have limitless funds but yet pay their staff on time. Don't tell there customers bull**** for decades and treat them like ****. Ron is a **** and needs to be removed. Not supported blindly by cowards

However some

Hardly any owners of companies have limitless funds but yet pay their staff on time. Don't tell there customers bull**** for decades and treat them like ****. Ron is a **** and needs to be removed. Not supported blindly by cowards

You might want to get your facts right before posting threads that could seen as libelous.

All the staff i spoke to have been paid. They know full well that it has not been a deliberate act by Ron but because of exceptional circumstances this season.

There was never the remotest chance of a strike by staff or players.....Seems even the girls in the office understand far more about it than some people on here. Points deductions and no money coming would hardly help them keep their job.....Would it?

Time for the moderators to think about some of these posts.

Last edited:
On Wikipedia is a list of 63 occurances of clubs in England and Wales going into administration. Southend United do not appear. The previous two owners of Southend United were Vic Jobson and Anton Johnson. Perspective is required in these difficult times.

Right you Tory bastards... shake the magic money tree... it’s a war chest we need.. we always find money for wars

However some

Removed for who, all those rich oil barrons over the hill.

He is pouring millions into the club from his other businesses, how sustainable this is god only knows. Clearly he is waiting for a pay day from the ground move....but this is a 22 year investment for him and counting.

We are never going to know the full story behind the scenes, but on balance he has the club at heart and all those deluded people who want him removed....by who and for whom!!!

Not wanting to sound contentious to this thread but I would just like to say thank you to RM. I am very grateful SUFC is still a league club and genuinely appreciate, all he has done and continues to do , for our club.

RM takes crap from the fans and then is slapped in the face by awful managers and some very unprofessional performances from a number of key players. The club, as a football entity, means a great deal more to Ron than it does to some of those he has to pay.

People, who want to see RM ousted, should be careful what they wish for. Monkeys Paw anyone?

Removed for who, all those rich oil barrons over the hill.

He is pouring millions into the club from his other businesses, how sustainable this is god only knows. Clearly he is waiting for a pay day from the ground move....but this is a 22 year investment for him and counting.

We are never going to know the full story behind the scenes, but on balance he has the club at heart and all those deluded people who want him removed....by who and for whom!!!

Yep, he's pumped money in for 22 years, and the club is still alive, somehow. Yes, we all know about the pot of gold if the Roots Hall and Fossetts get's the go ahead, but what if it doesn't? Yes we know he sails close to the wind, and no one really knows how he keeps pumping money into the club. He's also hooked a few people and firms into pumping in a cash injection along the way. But I'm a better the devil you know sort of person. I think another person at the helm might have not paid the players for weeks and months, leading to a collapse, sanctions and all sorts.
This club probably needs a Billionaire, to pump Millions into it. Any takers? Nope, thought not.
WESTY talking about forcing him out is nonsense. To be replaced by who, with very deep pockets?

I'd be the first to consider any other interested parties but we are the equivalent of being skint, undesirable and somehow in a job, there's no way we would leave until there was something else to leave for.

Back