• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin - About To Be Live On BBC Essex

J

The Chameleon
Tilson's relation with ron is in the balance here, he has just mentioned the lack of money..

Come on ron, do the right thing!

Last edited:
Tilson's relation with ron is in the balance here, he has just slagged martin off on the radio for lack of money.

Come on ron, do the right thing!

Slagged the chairman off?:confused: You must have heard a different interview to me. Tilly said that he wants the chairman to sign 2, possibly 3 forwards asap, but when did he slag RM off?

Slagged the chairman off?:confused: You must have heard a different interview to me. Tilly said that he wants the chairman to sign 2, possibly 3 forwards asap, but when did he slag RM off?

He said martin hasn't supplied the funds yet...

over reaction..

I sincerely doubt he'd publicly criticise Martin as that would be the start of the end for Tilson, no matter what he's done for us over the last few years.

I sincerely doubt he'd publicly criticise Martin as that would be the start of the end for Tilson, no matter what he's done for us over the last few years.

he criticised the lack of funds..

rory not happening. but a bid for another striker for more than 250,000 **** me

I heard the whole interview and Tilly was saying that Colchester are bottom of the Championship and yet are still willing to spend 500,000 on a player ,and now is the time for Ron Martin to back him .He was definately moaning about the money we offer for players and the wages ,and saying that he is ambitious .He said that we certainly need 2 ,but more likely 3 new strikers as Charlie Mac will be out for 4 weeks with his twisted ankle .
I was very surprised by his comments and will be waiting for the showdown at the O.K. Koral .

I heard the whole interview and Tilly was saying that Colchester are bottom of the Championship and yet are still willing to spend 500,000 on a player ,and now is the time for Ron Martin to back him .He was definately moaning about the money we offer for players and the wages ,and saying that he is ambitious .He said that we certainly need 2 ,but more likely 3 new strikers as Charlie Mac will be out for 4 weeks with his twisted ankle .
I was very surprised by his comments and will be waiting for the showdown at the O.K. Koral .

that was a differant interviw to the one I heard, he said that they had player in mind/ made bids who either did not want to come to southend, or we could not afford them,

at no point did he critisize, he did say that he wanted the chairmans help in bringing the players in hopefully by wednesday

I interpreted Tilly's "moaning" as frustration of clubs like ours not being able to attract certain players but not as a gripe about RM. He certainly wants RM to do as much as he can but maybe his frustration is at the player's demands. I also think he just felt p****d off like the rest of us that we should have won today & we had another game with some dodgy decisions that don't help the cause.

Having heard RM on BBC Essex he is definitely trying to bring plaeyrs in but has afinacila framework to stick to - better that than ending up like Luton ??

Back