• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Ron Martin and SUFC Confidence vote

Shrimperstrust

Supporting SUFC
Representatives from all the Supporters Groups involved with Southend United met recently to discuss the issues that currently blight our club.

To that end, we collectively ask all supporters of Southend United the following question....

Do you have confidence in Ron Martin to run Southend United FC?

(Please note that multiple votes will be deleted)

Click here to vote

If you don't know the 2 things are intrinsically linked, you don't know Ron.
You're right I don't know Ron.

He has appointed a CEO - who presumably has some freedom running the operations side of the club.

But there is a difference between running the club and owning it. Are we happy if say Ron resigns as Chairman, but appoints say his son in his place? And retains his majority ownership.

I've answered the question as it's worded - to run the club.

It might actually be the most feasible way forward. Ron resigns as Chairman, appoints whoever he wants to replace himself. He then totally focuses on the stadium/housing project.

As far as I see it when he was running SUFC with Steve Kavanagh as CEO you had a good combination - a combined ‘running’ of the business side and the football side. As soon as Steve left and was not replaced until recently (I.e. too late) Ron has been running both sides and the rot set in.

I have some SUFC shares which are of course worthless, as I am sure other Zoners have too, but does the vote as a shareholder make any difference ?

I have some SUFC shares which are of course worthless, as I am sure other Zoners have too, but does the vote as a shareholder make any difference ?
As a shareholder i would think it's more important than a non shareholder!
Maybe the Trust could clarify the importance.

This is a vote as a supporter. It's 'nothing' to do with the club/shareholders. I can't remember the exact percentage of shares Ron owns - but I think you need 10% of shareholder votes to call an Emergency General Meeting - but then you'd need a majority to actually enforce change, which of course is not possible unless Ron votes against himself.

This is a vote as a supporter. It's 'nothing' to do with the club/shareholders. I can't remember the exact percentage of shares Ron owns - but I think you need 10% of shareholder votes to call an Emergency General Meeting - but then you'd need a majority to actually enforce change, which of course is not possible unless Ron votes against himself.
So basically this vote would just tell Ron what He already knows and doesn't care about?

Maybe we need a petition to get The FA to investigate the financial mis-management of our football club.

Questions need to be answered, like; how has it come to be that Ron has, without challenge, been able to asset strip the club, and now privately owns the Roots Hall, Boots and Laces, and Fossets farm. The club owns nothing, has nothing and will have nothing if it folds. And Ron will still have his estates, but even more homes to rent or sell.

It has come to pass that our chairman has slowly, but surely bled this club dry. His show of arrogance on Saturday demonstrated how little he cares for the club, and fans.

I am now genuinely concerned about the future of our club, surely the FA need to start asking questions...

Nothing has changed since 20 years ago, it’s just got worse.

Maybe we need a petition to get The FA to investigate the financial mis-management of our football club.

Questions need to be answered, like; how has it come to be that Ron has, without challenge, been able to asset strip the club, and now privately owns the Roots Hall, Boots and Laces, and Fossets farm. The club owns nothing, has nothing and will have nothing if it folds. And Ron will still have his estates, but even more homes to rent or sell.

It has come to pass that our chairman has slowly, but surely bled this club dry. His show of arrogance on Saturday demonstrated how little he cares for the club, and fans.

I am now genuinely concerned about the future of our club, surely the FA need to start asking questions...

Nothing has changed since 20 years ago, it’s just got worse.

The Oystons systemically asset stripped Blackpool, which was part of their downfall in the end. So hard to nail down the evidence for it but an avenue to seek leverage over Ron

how has it come to be that Ron has, without challenge, been able to asset strip the club, and now privately owns the Roots Hall, Boots and Laces, and Fossets farm. The club owns nothing, has nothing and will have nothing if it folds. And Ron will still have his estates, but even more homes to rent or sell.
Hard to put the blame for that bit on Ron - RH was already mortgaged to a loan company when he came in and we couldn't pay it off, if he hadn't bought it they'd be owning it instead. One thing I don't know is the trail of ownership on the Fossets land, who owned that when?

To what end? Everyone votes no, Ron tomorrow says “fair enough, I’m off - sufc owes me 30m in loans? Oh. It can’t pay, I’ll be folding the club then. Bye”

Back