• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

palexander

Life President
Ron Martin going on BBC Essex at 7:25pm tomorrow to answer more q's.

Conveniently when most of us will be away from the radio!!

Ron Martin going on BBC Essex at 7:25pm tomorrow to answer more q's.

Conveniently when most of us will be away from the radio!!

really??? no ones going to be able to listen because they will already be at the ground or on the way. pointless time to go on.

at least we wont hear even more rubbish coming straight from the donkeys mouth.

Whatever the stupidity of the timing, this attitude is exactly why it must be so frustrating for Ron. He gets moaned at for not saying anything, then if he comes out and speaks, then everyone writes it off as 'lies and spin' anyways.

More of an announcement, perhaps? I'm guessing this may even be followed by a blog mysteriously appearing on the OS before KO.

They did say yesterday they had a pile of emails and loads of people will still be at home or work listening to the game, sure they will get through more toss questions;

1) Where are the onions Ron!?!?!?!?
2) Can we go back in the North Bank?!??
3) Can you bring Tilson back???

They did say yesterday they had a pile of emails and loads of people will still be at home or work listening to the game, sure they will get through more toss questions;

1) Where are the onions Ron!?!?!?!?
2) Can we go back in the North Bank?!??
3) Can you bring Tilson back???

Indeed. Judging by some of the questions yesterday, I fully expect RM to debate the wonders of a yellow kit for 15 minutes.

Ironic that he'll be addressing all those Blues fans who no longer attend Roots Hall because of Ron Martin , yet all those Blues fans who support the club through thick & thin will be unable to hear what he's got to say. How about a live broadcast over the tannoy , or Glen Speller can hold a mega phone from the back of the reporters hut .

I would have thought he would appear around 9.35pm Friday holding aloft a Lee Sawyer shirt , milking the applause alongside the whole squad of players that will undoubtedly be bullied into the biggest lap of honour since Bristol City title winning match.

#southend chairman ron martin will be on bbc #essex at 725pm tomorrow night answering more q's on club's future etc

I wont be at the match, so I'll try and do a report.

This is what I have just been told by a club official:

"Ron is going on BBC Essex tomorrow to do an interview with Glenn Speller but it’s not a fans phone in. This interview will be played out on their sports show pre-match"

D'ya reckon this is purely because Tara told us all that he had told Ron to take a back seat PR-wise and Ron is proving he can do what he likes? ;)

Whatever the stupidity of the timing, this attitude is exactly why it must be so frustrating for Ron. He gets moaned at for not saying anything, then if he comes out and speaks, then everyone writes it off as 'lies and spin' anyways.

Its to announce i am going to be taking over the club. I will build the stadium by the end of the year and we will be promoted to the Championship at the end of next season.

Do you believe this and more to the question would you believe my next post if it doesnt happen when i say it will?

To be fair to Ronald, BBC Essex probably got him to do it at this time because it runs nicely with the show, a few pre match interviews and then the commentary. He's hardly trying to shaft the fans here lads!

Unfortunately whatever he does from now on, RM will never get a fair hearing. Deservedly so? maybe, its a matter of opinion I guess..

Unfortunately whatever he does from now on, RM will never get a fair hearing. Deservedly so? maybe, its a matter of opinion I guess..

I think the bridges have been well and truly burnt!

We're on a upward spiral remember! :unsure:

Back