• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Very interesting that after a lot of silence, Ron is back in the spotlight. IMO it means something big either on or off the pitch.

£13.5 million is a lot of money. You have to hand it to him, the guy either is slightly crazy or is 99.9% sure that Fossetts Farm will bear its fruits.....

£13.5 million is a lot of money. You have to hand it to him, the guy either is slightly crazy or is 99.9% sure that Fossetts Farm will bear its fruits.....
or he was teling the media more poo poo plops eh.

Attempting to be the good guy before possible promotion failure makes him the bad guy?? He is getting in there first??:whistling:

This was reported in the Echo last week! Can't believe it's not been mentioned before on here and not quite sure why it's only just appearing on the online version?

if he did remortgage his house for £750,000 that takes guts and I take my hat off to him.

if he did remortgage his house for £750,000 that takes guts and I take my hat off to him.

Totally agree. It gives him some credibility in his beliefs and what he wants to achieve. Brave man to re-mortgage for that amount. Cue the posters who say he's only doing it for what he will get out of it.

See this is the thing that has always kinda sat me on the fence with this IF HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE CLUB why do this???

Throughout all of this, Scott, I've never doubted his passion for moving the club forward, be it for the club's benefit, his benefit or both.

Unfortunately along the way he has clearly made a few errors (and no doubt suffered some bad luck) and gone about a number of things (not all stadium related) totally the wrong way.

See this is the thing that has always kinda sat me on the fence with this IF HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE CLUB why do this???
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you but in this case, perhaps the alternatives facing him were rather less palatable. Anyway, a 'short of Blues news day' ......................................no signings then.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you but in this case, perhaps the alternatives facing him were rather less palatable. Anyway, a 'short of Blues news day' ......................................no signings then.

Just asked CP this question and got a quick reply:-
Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 9 min Just spoken to Phil Brown who confirmed he has contacted a Championship club to try and sign a striker on loan.

ive never minded him that much alot of clubs go through worse we've never been in administration. Yes we have been close but he has always got us out of it and im confident he will keep doing this.

Back