• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin says - it ain't over yet

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
given the unpleasantness posted on here from the Wolves fan who is "gloating" I would like to congratulate Ron Martin on his statement reminding Fred, his representatives and ALL interested football clubs that the interests of SUFC and its shareholders come first and if it suits us best to take some-one elses money we will.

Of course the fans of any club will be getting excited at the prospect of having the best striker outside the premier****e playing for them but it
the best deal for SUFC is going to be measured in lots and lots of quids not in being matey with Kightly or getting X amount of pounds per week.

At the moment Wolves fans the message is clear - NO DEAL.

given the unpleasantness posted on here from the Wolves fan who is "gloating" I would like to congratulate Ron Martin on his statement reminding Fred, his representatives and ALL interested football clubs that the interests of SUFC and its shareholders come first and if it suits us best to take some-one elses money we will.

Of course the fans of any club will be getting excited at the prospect of having the best striker outside the premier****e playing for them but it
the best deal for SUFC is going to be measured in lots and lots of quids not in being matey with Kightly or getting X amount of pounds per week.

At the moment Wolves fans the message is clear - NO DEAL.

??

What is wrong with you?

After all the depression of Freddy leaving, this post is the funniest thing I've read all morning. It's so delayed and just shows you can have 17 threads about something and still no-one reads them!! :hilarious:

Just seen this on the OS:

The deal seeing Eastwood leave the Club is thought to include a number of clauses, as well as a sell on fee believed to be in the region of 25 per cent.

Surely, being the official voice of the club, this means that there is definitely a sell-on clause and that clause is for 25%. If not, it seems odd that the club should speculate on its own business.

After all the depression of Freddy leaving, this post is the funniest thing I've read all morning. It's so delayed and just shows you can have 17 threads about something and still no-one reads them!! :hilarious:

Agreed! I was in a bit of a foul mood this morning but this thread has left me p***ing myself!!! If this was a joke Rayleighboy then it's a stroke of genius!!!

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Just seen this on the OS:

The deal seeing Eastwood leave the Club is thought to include a number of clauses, as well as a sell on fee believed to be in the region of 25 per cent.

Surely, being the official voice of the club, this means that there is definitely a sell-on clause and that clause is for 25%. If not, it seems odd that the club should speculate on its own business.

Indeed, I find this a little odd too.

Ron gets a massive high fives from me for his stance in all of this since Christmas really. Without a doubt he has earned his wages for the past six months in the negotiations of this. As someone said on another thread, he could easily have buckled with an unhappy player in our ranks when the offers were half of the rumoured fee. That is the only thing I am unhappy about in the whole thing though. I do not like undisclosed fees, more often than not it usually means the selling club has been mugged off. However, that's where I'm confused. After us rejecting 1.5 million so publicly, surely it was a minimum of two million and a sell on clause? I'd say the majority of supporters are realists to know that however amazing Freddy is, two million and a 25% sell on fee represents a good deal.

I cannot see the logic for SUFC to now keep everything listed as undisclosed. It just makes me very cautious.

Additionally, if the posters who aren't happy with the rumoured abouts and the ones comparing to Darren Bent, then should Freddy be sold for 16 million in a couple of years and we have a 25% sell on fee then it'll be a very tidy profit overall !!!

Indeed, I find this a little odd too.

Ron gets a massive high fives from me for his stance in all of this since Christmas really. Without a doubt he has earned his wages for the past six months in the negotiations of this. As someone said on another thread, he could easily have buckled with an unhappy player in our ranks when the offers were half of the rumoured fee. That is the only thing I am unhappy about in the whole thing though. I do not like undisclosed fees, more often than not it usually means the selling club has been mugged off. However, that's where I'm confused. After us rejecting 1.5 million so publicly, surely it was a minimum of two million and a sell on clause? I'd say the majority of supporters are realists to know that however amazing Freddy is, two million and a 25% sell on fee represents a good deal.

I cannot see the logic for SUFC to now keep everything listed as undisclosed. It just makes me very cautious.

Additionally, if the posters who aren't happy with the rumoured abouts and the ones comparing to Darren Bent, then should Freddy be sold for 16 million in a couple of years and we have a 25% sell on fee then it'll be a very tidy profit overall !!!

As stated in a previous thread, I also hate undisclosed fees, for the very reason that Einstein opines. My take is that it is probably less (maybe by £250,000 or more) than the £2million, but it will be the clauses (if they happen) that will bring the fee to £2million. It will be the 25% sell-on (if that is how much it is) that may be our godsend, if Freddy bags 20 gaols next season and is sold on for £5 million to a Premiership outfit.

II do not like undisclosed fees, more often than not it usually means the selling club has been mugged off.

I believe they are often undisclosed in order that the selling club is not disadvantaged when they are trying to buy replacement players. This way, clubs don't quite know how much spare change we have available and we are able to ensure that we are not mugged when trying to buy in new players.

A number of clauses? I was told the fee is just over 2 million with a 22.5% sell on fee and some more money if he scores 20 gaols next season and some more if the go up. He's usually reliable but i don't know where he found that out from, may be bollocks but seems to tie in with what was said on the site last night.

A 25% sell-on shows Mr Martin was true to his word when I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say well done Sir Ron as I think 25% is slightly more than we all thought Wolves would agree to.

That could of course be a stipulation requested by Wolves.

If the deal is 2 million, plus 25% plus "other clauses" then thats a great deal.

Just have to hope Freddy does well and doesnt end up leaving on a free!

Just have to hope Freddy does well and doesnt end up leaving on a free!

Definitely, however I was also extremely pleased to read he has signed a four year contract so that does comfort me a little. Not that I would have expected Wolves to sign a player for two million and give him a two year deal anyway!

Back