• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin

There is nothing left, nothing positive and certainly nothing to look forward 2!

You must be sick of this, can't be good for your health, you never got this new ground over the line and you have nothing financially to offer

Really don't understand why you keep going, it will get worse and more embarrassing...

Thanks for trying, I think you do have the club at heart but it's gone, nothing........

There is nothing left, nothing positive and certainly nothing to look forward 2!

You must be sick of this, can't be good for your health, you never got this new ground over the line and you have nothing financially to offer

Really don't understand why you keep going, it will get worse and more embarrassing...

Thanks for trying, I think you do have the club at heart but it's gone, nothing........

Cool post.

and our options are .........

Mystified that so few have contributed on this post. Sadly even with the unreal atmosphere in these awful times we have really hit rock bottom.

For many many years we have been waiting for the promised land of the new stadium. Its not going to happen is it?

Overwhelming emotion is sadness. Many happy memories af Roots Hall, going to games with Dad. Southend briefly top of Division 2 after beating Newcastle. Jan 1992. Dad died a couple of days later, only 58.

Of course Ron should walk away but who would buy this wreck of a club?

All very sad but in the present climate only a miracle or a Thai billionaire can save us.

Hope you sent that to him.

Mystified that so few have contributed on this post. Sadly even with the unreal atmosphere in these awful times we have really hit rock bottom.

For many many years we have been waiting for the promised land of the new stadium. Its not going to happen is it?

Overwhelming emotion is sadness. Many happy memories af Roots Hall, going to games with Dad. Southend briefly top of Division 2 after beating Newcastle. Jan 1992. Dad died a couple of days later, only 58.

Of course Ron should walk away but who would buy this wreck of a club?

All very sad but in the present climate only a miracle or a Thai billionaire can save us.
There’s little contribution because there really isn’t much that can be said. As you say, I can’t imagine why anyone would want to buy our club, even without the current Covid situation. It really is Ron or nothing so we just have to deal with it. Hopefully we’ll finally see some positive stadium news in the coming weeks.

It's rather like Brexit, all will become clearer in the next month or two. Either it will turn around or it will go tits up. Your choice for a better future, Boris or Ron?............I know who my money would be on!

He's not going anywhere just yet. You do realise he's personally pumping Thousands into the club each Month? When Fossetts happens, he will get back the Millions he has lost on the club. Then he may finally let go, not until. These Billionaire's that buy British clubs as a rich mans play thing, don't pick clubs like Southend. So forget that one. He's stuck in a huge deep hole with Southend, and we're stuck with him.

So what do you want to happen? Have you got a list of buyers queued up ready to take us to the promised land?

He needs to employ someone who can run a football club - he is a builder and that is his expertise - he makes money doing that and then someone who knows what F*ck they are doing runs the football side. Ron has quite clearly proven in the last 3-4 years he has no idea how to run a club! Sell up Ron or employ a someone who knows what they are doing!

He wont sell till the plans get passed thats obvious. Unfortunately the club wont exist when this happens (either wound up or playing non league which dosent warret a 20'000 seater stadium) If you think he will sell up and miss out on the golden nest egg after all this time your kidding yourself!!.

So what do you want to happen? Have you got a list of buyers queued up ready to take us to the promised land?

I think the club has potential, we've proven that the town can get behind the club with the Crewe final attendance and we packed out most of the Championship fixtures with top end ticket prices.

The catchment area/location is good, with the town having two London bound rail lines and an airport.

The club also comes with an inprogress project for a new home where Ron has done years of the donkey work.

I think the club would interest an investor and maybe keep Ron involved with his experience to get the new ground done.

I think the club has potential, we've proven that the town can get behind the club with the Crewe final attendance and we packed out most of the Championship fixtures with top end ticket prices.

The catchment area/location is good, with the town having two London bound rail lines and an airport.

The club also comes with an inprogress project for a new home where Ron has done years of the donkey work.

I think the club would interest an investor and maybe keep Ron involved with his experience to get the new ground done.

Exactly, so why would he sell now ?

On the bright side we’ll probably be out of business in a couple of years so we’ll be put out of our misery

He needs to employ someone who can run a football club - he is a builder and that is his expertise - he makes money doing that and then someone who knows what F*ck they are doing runs the football side. Ron has quite clearly proven in the last 3-4 years he has no idea how to run a club! Sell up Ron or employ a someone who knows what they are doing!
Its not as simple as that tho is it, people were reasonably ok with rons tenure when he appointed tilly and brush, brown, powell, sturrock. Hes had some dodgy appointments recently and over the course of 20 years has been juggling finances and potential investors in order to win the lottery and make his millions.

All those years ago when he bought the club, as a property investor the writings always been on the wall for roots hall. Quite frankly i imagine he rues the day he ever took this on, but time has proven he isnt a quitter, so until a zillionaire die hard southend fan arrives on the scene we are stuck with him, like it or not.

In the past he has always needed southend to be a credible football team to attract investors and put through his plans for a massive commercial centre around the ground.

Now the council just want houses built, it doesnt matter how well we are doing as long as there is a pitch and a stand bunged into the plans...

Worrying. No roots hall and non league and that would be it for us i think....

Theres always plymouth tho i guess...

I'm not a huge Ron fan but he has overseen some of the best times the club has ever had.

It doesn't matter how close we might be to getting planning permission, he needs to do everything in his power to ensure that this bill is paid and the embargo lifted this week. That petition being anything other than dismissed on the spot this week will near enough ensure relegation. It's that simple.

Back