• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Ron on Talksport 24th August

And he only waited 25 years for it to happen. Do me a favor.

Interesting.

Within the inner circle of a former bidder but Can't Google "banner printing Southend"

I'm sure a banner with your thoughts will come as a total surprise to him.

Looking forward to another humble brag post over the weeknend saying hes text you but you can't tell anyone what it said.

What money would the club owe soloprint?

Jesus. Ron's a piece of work. But this cycle of fans repeating the same old cobblers is so boring.
I clearly stated "IF", apologies if it touched a nerve.

Going by past track record of Ron it's clear he has in the past used sponsors asking for loans or payments in advance of future sponsorship and given boxes, tickets etc. Could the North Bank sponsors have jumped at the chance to be main sponsor to reclaim monies loaned to Ron / Southend??

I think some may have struggled to find the Talksport article about SUFC including the interview with Ron. The link below should take you to the full interview and subsequent discussion. Starts at about 6.35mins after the news, adverts and sport.

I clearly stated "IF", apologies if it touched a nerve.

Going by past track record of Ron it's clear he has in the past used sponsors asking for loans or payments in advance of future sponsorship and given boxes, tickets etc. Could the North Bank sponsors have jumped at the chance to be main sponsor to reclaim monies loaned to Ron / Southend??

No.

I imagine if they were owed money (and I don't believe they are) given the very public fall out with PG leading to us needing a sponsor, I can't imagine why they would 'jump at the chance" to sponsor us.

Tom L is a director at the previous sponsor, which explains the ability to loan money from them. Again to my knowledge, no Southend Directors are also directors at SoloPress.

You haven't touched a nerve, you are just wrong.

I think some may have struggled to find the Talksport article about SUFC including the interview with Ron. The link below should take you to the full interview and subsequent discussion. Starts at about 6.35mins after the news, adverts and sport.

Thanks for sharing

Can't stand Ron at all. Jim White doesn't have a clue but it was interesting to hear Simon Jordans comments about going into administration. I wasn't aware that was an option and on the whole doesn't sound as negative as I originally thought, once the interview with Ron finishes skip forward a few minutes and he explains why it could benefit.

I was speaking to one of Kimura's advisors this week. Some of reasons deal fell through:
1 Ron was impossible to deal with and wouldn't engage in the process and expected them to just agree to anything he wanted
2 the club's liabilities were scary. Not only quantity but age of some of them.
This rings absolutely true and I am reminded of something I posted in a thread on here two years ago when I met a retired accountant who had had dealings with Martin. The following is what I posted then in respect of the conversation we had:

He then went on to tell me that he is a retired accountant and a few years back an organisation for who he was working had some land RM wanted to purchase. He said Ron led them a merry dance and messed them about so much they ended up walking away from him and eventually sold the land to someone else. His final comment was “Sorry to say it mate but he came across as a very dodgy character and if that’s the way he runs the football club it’s no wonder you’re now non-league.”

Martin’s a spiv who managed to get lucky in the past, possibly pulling con tricks on people, but when he has to deal with legitimate business people he’s way out of his depth.

People on here talk about what his end game is, but I really don’t think he has one planned, except for wanting to maximise his ultimate return. The trouble is he hasn’t a clue about how to do that and is wary of striking a deal in case he might have missed out on someone who would pay him a bit more. I don’t think he has any management attributes or planning skills whatsoever. Over the course of his tenure he has demonstrated he cannot manage finance, employees, public relations, delivery of a project and probably others I have overlooked. If he was adept, the FF development would have been completed years ago. He simply does not know how to conduct business ethically therefore people who could be helpful/useful to him just give him a wide berth.

At present I do not hold any hope of the sale of the club being completed by the end of September so I feel we are staring at its final demise. I truly hope I am wrong, and should that be the case, I am more immediately concerned about the possibility of wages not being paid next week, bringing about a further 10 point penalty from the NL which would make relegation inevitable.

I’m sorry to be so negative, but apart from the sterling work that Kev, Daz, Benno and the players are showing I’m finding positivity in short supply.

Completely and utterly UNTRUE! And KIMURA will be making some form of public comment today or tomorrow. Likely today!

Did they make a statement?

Thanks to the people who posted the TalkSport audio link. It was becoming a pest tying the soundbites together from the various Echo articles this phone-in spawned. Jordan didn't give him a totally smooth ride, without really scratching the surface on where he could have taken Ron to task.

The only thing I will say is I hope this Australian and his consortium haven’t spent too much on trying to buy the club as it’s going be a waste of money.

Ron will do the same to these guys as he did to Kimura.

I think we’ve got to enough of a disaster point that you need to stop being coy and whoever it is you think wants the club need to step forward, because this isn’t ok any more.

I think we’ve got to enough of a disaster point that you need to stop being coy and whoever it is you think wants the club need to step forward, because this isn’t ok any more.
I was asked a question and I answered it as best I could.

There are NDA’s involved, so I’m not privy to any important information. I’m guessing this is probably the reason they themselves have kept quiet.

I trust my source implicitly though.

The only thing I will say is I hope this Australian and his consortium haven’t spent too much on trying to buy the club as it’s going be a waste of money.

Ron will do the same to these guys as he did to Kimura.
Fair play to you for holding a consistent line on this point. Can I ask though why your mystery purchaser has failed to progress this matter to completion if they’ve been in the frame for such a long time?

It makes no sense to me that they remain in the shadows whilst the club goes down the pan.

Surely it is in their interest to get the deal done and we all move forwards, them waiting and waiting just doesn’t make any sense.

Fair play to you for holding a consistent line on this point. Can I ask though why your mystery purchaser has failed to progress this matter to completion if they’ve been in the frame for such a long time?

It makes no sense to me that they remain in the shadows whilst the club goes down the pan.

Surely it is in their interest to get the deal done and we all move forwards, them waiting and waiting just doesn’t make any sense.

I was about to post the same thing.

No offence @ForeverBlue, this isn’t aimed at you personally.

The mystery benefactor has been in the frame for a while. Possibly even before Ron put the club up for sale, who knows?

And yet he’s watched it lurch from one disaster to another, has seen the club come within a whisker of being wound up (twice), yet still hasn’t made any headway with Ron, and still refuses to go public, change tact, respect an NDA etc.

Again, this isn’t aimed at you, so please don’t take it personally, but if this guy was going to do something, the time has come (and arguably gone).

I was about to post the same thing.

No offence @ForeverBlue, this isn’t aimed at you personally.

The mystery benefactor has been in the frame for a while. Possibly even before Ron put the club up for sale, who knows?

And yet he’s watched it lurch from one disaster to another, has seen the club come within a whisker of being wound up (twice), yet still hasn’t made any headway with Ron, and still refuses to go public, change tact, respect an NDA etc.

Again, this isn’t aimed at you, so please don’t take it personally, but if this guy was going to do something, the time has come (and arguably gone).
It’s because they don’t exist, another smokescreen, aided by FB.

Because of Ron Martin, in answer to your first question. The man is impossible to deal with and constantly changes the goal posts.

They have wanted to get the deal done for quite some time and it’s not for the want of trying but they can only do so much as ultimately it’s still Ron’s club.

Back