• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron speaks- appointment expected this week.

A Weymouth fan on another thread said this about Molesley:

He is meticulous, and will mix it up a bit regarding formation, he isn't keen on hoof ball and will play it from the back of possible. The average age from the promotion final team was I think 24, so youth over experience but that could just be the Bournemouth connections. I don't think it's the right time for him and you guys don't have a great track record in recent managers.

I'm a bit surprised that Molesley is even interested. Currie being interested I can see - not happy with his Chairman, squad being dismantled, smaller budget next season, etc. But Molesley has just got Weymouth back to the top of the non-league game after they almost went out of business and tumbled down the divisions several years ago and, with his stock high there, I'm surprised he doesn't want to lead Weymouth and re-establish them in their first season back up there. Would feel to me like an unfinished job. Add in the fact that he and his family are very settled in Bournemouth, plus his job with Bournemouth itself. Doesn't add up to me.

I've watched interviews, he comes across well and certainly seems to be in the Eddie Howe mould. Fits the mould of being young and progressive and, whilst he has no connection to the club (although I feel RM was misunderstood on that point), I think he'll live and breathe the job and bring the passion and determination that has been missing. But I just can't shake the feeling that it's a Harry recommendation given his connections down there. So I'm not sure he'll be being appointed for the right reasons. I was very keen on Currie or Fagan but chances of those seem to be diminishing by the day. But if it's Molesley, he'll have my support

If this is true and I was hiring for the job it would make me think twice about Fagan. Someone going for the role with his experience should know they need an assistant with a track record and be confident enough that a more experienced assistant wouldn't make him feel at risk of being undermined.
I think it wouldn't have been as simple as that . A senior player taking the role and renegotiating a deal gets that players higher wages off the books and negates more expense on a no2 for the chairman - financially a good deal for RM. Think that ones dead in the wAter now . Will be interesting to see the final outcome of it all

Can anybody tell me what Moseley is like? What sort of football can we expect him to try and get us to play?

Caused controversy where ever he went, always up for a fight. Good public speaker, demands absolutely loyalty, belief in the cause and insists on black shirts.

Some would say yesterdays man, with dated ideas. But in recent times they have made a bit of a resurgence, after all history does repeat itself.....If he becomes our manger he will get my full support.

Caused controversy where ever he went, always up for a fight. Good public speaker, demands absolutely loyalty, belief in the cause and insists on black shirts.

Some would say yesterdays man, with dated ideas. But in recent times they have made a bit of a resurgence, after all history does repeat itself.....If he becomes our manger he will get my full support.
Over reliance on the right wing, everything down that side, so lopsided game plan plus a tendency to ship own goals, but gets good reviews in the Daily Mail, who would probably do a sponsorship deal.

He has to button things down.....My button down shirts are Ben Sherman so I can only assume its Ben somebody
Ah so Ben Coker is going to combine playing for Stevenage and managing us, smart move ?

Back