• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roots Hall Paintings

Cheers👍 and likewise, happy days indeed on that terrace ..despite the fact it used to rob my feet of any warmth on those cold Friday nights!
I was on the South Bank for the Liverpool game. It wasn't just my feet that were cold that night!

I was on the South Bank for the Liverpool game. It wasn't just my feet that were cold that night!
I know what you're saying, I was right at the back of the South Bank for that game, and yes, I wasn't just freezing my feet off!!

Great stuff. It’s making me quite wistful.

Are you painting from memory or old photos are a bit of both?
Thank you. Although I have clear memories of standing in both the west stand and on the south bank during the late seventies and early eighties I did need to refer to some archive photo's to help me along, particularly with regard to some of the old adverts. I did find this one more challenging than the previous two but hopefully it'll stir up some memories for a certain generation of shrimpers out there.

Just spoken to Keith (Chirpy) - we (the Trust) will prob get this one printed too (I think it is brilliant!!) but I'll check with others first and go from there.

The second West Stand one will be available very soon

I'll keep you all posted.

A nostalgic one for the older fan. The south bank terrace.

View attachment 22111
I too was on the old South Bank for the Liverpool game. Another fantastic picture that brings back great memories.

Chirpy might be on to something here. Lowry's Going To The Match is up for auction this week with an estimated price of £8 million.

I too was on the old South Bank for the Liverpool game. Another fantastic picture that brings back great memories.

Chirpy might be on to something here. Lowry's Going To The Match is up for auction this week with an estimated price of £8 million.

Excellent. We'll price the South Bank one on the Trust site at a very competitive £7 million then. Don't tell Ron.

@chirpy you do know you'll have to do the North Bank and East Stand now?!

It's a shame this has been hidden away in the Trust section, I'm sure there are supporters out there who aren't seeing these and giving the credit where it's due.
Both the north bank and the east stand are on my to do list…or should I say, to paint list! 🙂

Excellent. We'll price the South Bank one on the Trust site at a very competitive £7 million then. Don't tell Ron.
@chirpy you do know you'll have to do the North Bank and East Stand now?!

It's a shame this has been hidden away in the Trust section, I'm sure there are supporters out there who aren't seeing these and giving the credit where it's due.

Please see the above post Kay, it's a Trust venture so belongs exactly where it is . In The Trust forum.

Please see the above post Kay, it's a Trust venture so belongs exactly where it is . In The Trust forum.
It's not though?

We are only facilitating it - Chirpy first brought these to the Zone himself. The Trust only responded to requests to make them available to all.

Back