• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rotation time ?

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
given the strength of the squad do you think Tilly should rotate according to the requirements to give players games and according to the strengths the opposition has -

OR -

is a simple competition for the best player in each position -

We should play our best team every game, trying to pick players who will suit different opposition is too subtle for this level and Id rather the team was settled and gelled

The fact we have a strong squad means a healthy competition for places still exists.

Saying that Im sure Tilson will have a selection he feels is more defensive that he will call upon for some of the away games.

Play your best side in my book. Not like were fighting on that many fronts after all.

Think at our level we simply need the best on-form XI to play.
The squad is not 40 strong as per the Barry Fry school of management.

We don't really have the finite technical ability to chop & change the team to play the ideal formation against different opposition. Let them worry about us, much like our success of 2/3 years ago!

given the strength of the squad do you think Tilly should rotate according to the requirements to give players games and according to the strengths the opposition has -

OR -

is a simple competition for the best player in each position -
Its a good point because against a raer team in this league who actually plays football we may be better suited with the two full backs (Che/Hammell and Francis/Gilbert) and putting Barrett back in to the centre with Clarke, but its probably best to get a team settled and gelled.

Saying that rotation has helped our midfield. Since we have had three centre midfielders and one winger we have looked alot more solid and have won 3 games out of 4.

Saying that rotation has helped our midfield. Since we have had three centre midfielders and one winger we have looked alot more solid and have won 3 games out of 4.

I'm not sure whether that can be classed as 'rotation', more like trying to shore up a leaky defence and also to accommodate Bailey and McCormack in the side.

We're not Liverpool.

Play your strongest team every game.

Squad rotation is massively over-rated if you ask me. See little benefit from it.

I don't see any harm in rotating 2 or 3 players every game, so long as you keep a certain core at the heart of the team maintaining a sense of continuity, and yet giving everybody a game.

It's not like we're weakened by playing Moussa, Gower or McDonald (on the basis that Matt Harrold just keeps getting picked), is it? I mean, maybe I'd certainly rather see Barrett, Clarke, Richards or even Liptak over Lewis Hunt at CB, but a large majority of the squad regularly perform to a similar level.

I think most players would prefer to play with the same players week in week out and build and understanding.

I dont see the point in rotating players if they are playing well. Not sure how fair it is for Black to have a good game and then be rotated out for someone else, wheres the incentive to play well ?

I concur with the majority: play the best team possible. It's up to the players not in the first XI to prove that they warrant a place in the side.

Pick a stable team; maybe make some changes on the bench to keep some of the fringe players happy. Players at this level benefit greatly from knowing how their teammates play, and they can't adapt their own game to suit different playing styles as much as the top players can.

It's not fair on those that are playing well to just drop them simply for 'rotation' purposes. Black has done well the last few games whereas Gower on the other hand, has been pants. How do you justify dropping Black for Gower in the next match if you are Tilly? Black would be gutted like any other player i would imagine - and it is probably very easy to disrupt the harmony at the club and make some players agitated and unhappy by continually rotating...

stick with the best team i say. If i were a manager I would probably do the Wenger thing and play the fringe/youth players in the cup competitions to keep them happy and fit

Well so far this season it has been rotation most games up till the two we won on the trot due to Tilson getting the right team. No harm in rotating one player every so often, or down to the upcoming fixtures or team we are playing.

Same team.. 2 wins 2 clean sheets.. Let those out of the current starting 11 force there way in.. Harrold did his time on the bench last season and deserves an extended run, we are scoreing goals and creating chances.. I think Francis will be the first to get back into the starting 11

Back