• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rotherham looking unlikley to stay

Yellow Army

Members
Save the Millers has only raised £200,000, and they require £1 Million. I doubt the JCR money is relevent anymore.

They'll struggle on to the end of the season at least, I reckon.

Hope so as I don't fancy our 6 points being wiped off, Oldham will storm right up the table into almost automatics if that happens!

Is there a rule that actualy states that if Rotherham go bust we will defo lose those 6 points?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Mar. 21 2006,23:08)]Is there a rule that actualy states that if Rotherham go bust we will defo lose those 6 points?
Don't know about a rule, but I think it has happened before when Maidstone & Aldershot both folded mid-season. Teams lost points gained from matches already played.

All points will be "expunged" from the records.
Therefore we'll lose our 6 if the Millers don't finish 05/06. Also take +4 of the GD column too
sad.gif

This is what the top 6 would look like if Rotherham go bust:

Southend 64
Swansea 63
Brentford 61
Huddersfield 60
Col******r 60
Barnsley 57

ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mighty Shrimper @ Mar. 21 2006,23:44)]This is what the top 6 would look like if Rotherham go bust:

Southend 64
Swansea 63
Brentford 61
Huddersfield 60
Col******r 60
Barnsley 57

ghostface.gif
Don't forget it will also affect games still to be played as well. Swansea, Brentford & Col******r still have to play against Rotherham.

I can see them lasting at least until the end of the season. Hopefully longer.

No one want 2 see a club close, even Aldershot & Maidstone is not team I would like, but hurt like hell (as a 10 yrs old kids) to see them close down.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ Mar. 22 2006,09:25)]No one want 2 see a club close, even Aldershot & Maidstone is not team I would like, but hurt like hell (as a 10 yrs old kids) to see them close down.
Exactly MM. It must be awful as a fan to see all your hopes finally extinguished - and at the back of your mind is always the knowledge that it really wouldn't take much for it to be Southend one day....

sad.gif

Probably not a rational thought but there has been the odd couple of times in the past 8 years (not so much in the past 2 and a half obviously) when I hoped that SUFC would go to the wall. The pain, frustration & torment was getting far too much to bare. Hopefully, those days are long gone now never to return!

Right I'm rather bored at work this morning (apologies to Mighty Shrimper as you've already done a basic one, but you forgot to add in the Oldham effect) so I've recalculated the league table if Rotherham's records are taken out of the current table: -

Southend P36 Pts64 GD+22
Swansea P37 Pts62 GD+23
Brentford P36 Pts61 GD+17
Col U P36 Pts60 GD+12
Huddersfield P36 Pts60 GD+11
Oldham P36 Pts 59 GD+5
Barnsley P36 Pts57 GD+14
Doncaster P37 Pts51 GD+1
Scunthorpe P37 Pts49 GD-4
Forest P36 Pts48 GD+6
Chesterfield P36 Pts48 GD+3
Bradford P36 Pts47 GD=
Bristol City P37 Pts46 GD=
Tranmere P37 Pts44 GD+2
Blackpool P36 Pts43 GD-3
Port Vale P35 Pts43 GD-8
Gillingham P36 Pts43 GD-15
Bournemouth P35 Pts42 GD-4
Hartlepool P35 Pts41 GD-9
Yeovil P36 Pts41 GD-11
Walsall P35 Pts36 GD-17
MK Dons P35 Pts36 GD-17
Swindon P36 Pts36 GD-18

So basically, then it wipes out our comfy lead (although we do now get a game in hand on Swansea).  

Oldham are shot into a playoff position at Barnsley's expense and Walsall now look doomed to relegation.  

Presumably if Rotherham do go to the wall only 3 will go down from L1 into L2 with 4 coming up to get back to a 24 team division & presumably both Conference playoff finalists getting into the FL (ground standard permitting) as well as Accrington Stanley as Conference Champs.

I bet it would look nice and rosey if Robbie Williams decided to close Port Vale down...

Very interesting - It might be in SUFC's interest to pay the £125k for JCR, just so that they can stay afloat to the end of season and ensure we keep the 6 points we gained against them and take us up!!!

Uncle Ron, Tilly etc should keep the big picture in mind - £125k is not a lot of £££'s if it ensure promotion...

Back