• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Round 1, Heat 10 - American Restoration v Moonlighting

American Restoration or Moonlighting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
American what? Sounds like Changing Rooms. :hilarious:

Loved Moonlighting until Cybil & Bruce "got it on" and it turned poo. :clap:

American Restoration is a programme tucked away on the History channel which is based at Ricks Restorations in Las Vegas. They have a crew of skilled craftsmen who can restore more or less anything back to its original condition.
Basically, someone comes in with a piece of old scrap. Rick umms and aahhs for a few minutes and gives them a price to restore it. They looked shocked but agree.

The guys strip it down and completely rebuild it. The punter returns in a few weeks and is gobsmacked by the end result. Ricks says "great, lets go inside and do some paperwork and everyone is happy. No job is ever too big or too large. I only started watching this show at the back end of last year just after a trip to Vegas, which was a pity as I subsequently learnt for a fairly reasonable price, we could have gone on a tour of The Toy Factory, The Pawn shop and Rick Dales place. Bugger.

ricks_zps8fe15981.jpg

As Tyler would say... "Awesome".

Attachments

• ricks.jpg
    ricks.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1
Sorry, been out all day!

From the fab theme song, sung by Al Jarreau
[video=youtube;NFiu0L7zJX8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFiu0L7zJX8[/video]
through 66 episodes (67 if you count the fact the pilot was split into two), for 4 years between 1985 and 1989, we were all hooked on the on screen chemistry between former model Maddie Hayes (Cybill Shepherd) and professional partner David Addison (Bruce Willis) in their Los Angeles detective agency, Blue Moon Detective Agency. The "will they/won't they" sexual tension of this dramatic comedy or "dramady", plus the innovative idea of having characters addressing the script writers meant it was an extremely popular show, both in the US and the UK.

Apart from Maddie and David, there was also great support from Allyce Beasley as Agnes di Pesto, who was the agency's receptionist, and Curtis Armstrong as Herbert Viola, a fellow agency employee. Maddie had owned the agency while successful, but when declared bankrupt after her accountant embezzles her money, she is forced to to work there.

It's the vehicle responsible for introducing Willis to the world wide audience at large, and the light hearted, quirky, quippy style of the dialogue meant it was an instant hit.

I'll try and post more if I get the chance, it's a show from what I think was a golden era for US drama. I'm sure most of you will know of it.

for 4 years between 1985 and 1989, we were all hooked on the on screen chemistry between former model Maddie Hayes (Cybill Shepherd) and professional partner David Addison (Bruce Willis) in their Los Angeles detective agency,

Not all of us OBL. If you've not watched the guys from Ricks work their magic, you should give it a try, then cast your vote for this great show.

Ah, our first tie. Good cases made by both, but I shall be using my casting vote to send Moonlighting through to the next round.

(I won't close this thread right away so that I can receive any abuse people may wish to throw at me for my decision)

ah, our first tie. Good cases made by both, but i shall be using my casting vote to send moonlighting through to the next round.

(i won't close this thread right away so that i can receive any abuse people may wish to throw at me for my decision)

f**??! $$&? B*&!!**

Ah, our first tie. Good cases made by both, but I shall be using my casting vote to send Moonlighting through to the next round.

(I won't close this thread right away so that I can receive any abuse people may wish to throw at me for my decision)

Abuse? Not from me! :happy:

Back