• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Round 1: Heat 11: His n Hers vs Screamadelica

Which album ...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't voted yet...is scream awasit a deli....a Love songs album?

No - it's a drug induced cacophony of sounds. Building to a series of euphoric dancey peaks before going down into beautiful, well crafted songs and then building back up again. Like the best house music which lifts you up into a frenzy on the dancefloor - except this album also soundtracks the lows of the comedown. It's an unashamedly 'Ecstasy' album but you really don't need to be 'on one' to appreciate it. I loved it when I was a young lad popping pills and I equally love it now driving along with my kids in the back of the car.

Was an easy decision in my book! Screamadelica is frankly an incredible album that was the soundtrack to some very hazy years of my life! Pulp, however, replaced the Roses at Glasto in 95 and so shall never be forgiven!!

disclaimer... yes I know the Roses would probably have been **** but it might...just might.. have resurected them. Alas, we'll never know :'(

Don't forget though that Pulp were only a late replacement for the Roses at Glasto 95 due to John Squire breaking his leg after falling off his mountain bike. Fate dictated Pulp went one way & the Roses went the other. Not really Pulp's fault that Eavis decided to upgrade their billing due to John Squire's misfortune!!!

A good contest, well down to my worthy opponent to Defiler, you stated your case well mate.

Oh well, onto 2nd round obscurity...

Don't forget though that Pulp were only a late replacement for the Roses at Glasto 95 due to John Squire breaking his leg after falling off his mountain bike. Fate dictated Pulp went one way & the Roses went the other. Not really Pulp's fault that Eavis decided to upgrade their billing due to John Squire's misfortune!!!

In that case, fate is an absolute *******!

Anyway, I'm not so sure... i reckon if you reviewed the footage of Squire coming of his bike, and freeze framed it at just the right moment, you would find Cocker, hiding behind a bush, using his enormous gangly arms to ram a stick into Squire's spokes. It's true, honest ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back