• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rules that are never enforced

Shrimp in a Kilt

If I recall correctly, putting your head down amongst flashing boots (or flash boots if Drooooowwwweee is playing) is dangerous and should be penalised. Don't recall seeing that given, usually as in Kev's case it goes the other way.

The other one that always bugs me is blatant obstruction, where the defender holds off the attacker and allows the ball to go out of play. All very well if the defender is in "playing distance of the ball", which I would take to be able to touch it with his foot, but usually they would need a long jump pole to get near it.

Which rule would you like to see properly enforced?

Allowing the home team to continually kick or throw the ball away.
This happened every time yesterday a decision went against Yeovil.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gazzacat42 @ Nov. 21 2004,13:07)]Allowing the home team to continually kick or throw the ball away.
This happened  every time yesterday a decision went against Yeovil.
Good point.

What I hate is when a free kick is given, a "retreating" opposition player will run towards the ball, and past it, (often actually running between the kicker and the ball) preventing a quick kick. Surely they opposition should be required to retreat the 10 yards without getting nearer to the ball first? i.e. when the kick is given, the penalized team should have to move *away* from the ball even if this means having to run in a semi-circle to get back.

I would like to see offside enforced hehehe, its a shame but the linos in our league dnt seem to have quite got to grips with it yet!!!

No, seriously though the obstrution example, is highly irritating and i realy feel should be given as a foul. The low head should just be play of, because both players are naturally going for the ball (instinct), and if anything the man who puts his head down will get hurt, so its his own fault, so no foul for that.

The one where the Laws are the game are not called rules

biggrin.gif

I think its a disgrace that the referees do not enforce the steps law with the goalkeepers to be honest.

There are a lot of rules that referees seem to have forgotten about at this level, but one of the most annoying to me is when the ref doesn't enforce the backpass rule. Why have it if the refs ignore it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ Nov. 22 2004,17:09)]I think its a disgrace that the referees do not enforce the steps law with the goalkeepers to be honest.
What steps Law would that be? Any other rules you'd like to re-instate from yesteryear?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Nov. 22 2004,17:22)]There are a lot of rules that referees seem to have forgotten about at this level, but one of the most annoying to me is when the ref doesn't enforce the backpass rule. Why have it if the refs ignore it?
I think "at this level" there are referees who don't seem very good at interpreting the Laws, but I'm sure there is none who actually forget about them. As for the backpass rule, I have seem little or no occasions when this has happened.

If there is one thing I'd like referees to remember, it's not a Law - just, simply, that we haven't paid to see them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mick @ Nov. 22 2004,17:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ Nov. 22 2004,17:09)]I think its a disgrace that the referees do not enforce the steps law with the goalkeepers to be honest.
What steps Law would that be? Any other rules you'd like to re-instate from yesteryear?
I was actually taking the **** Michael my son so take a breath and calm yourself down young man.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Nov. 21 2004,13:00)]Which rule would you like to see properly enforced?
The rule where foul and abusive language, gestures and harrassment of match officials is enforced. All the kids pick up on this and one, in particular, tries it on every week for SZFC, looking amazed when the referee takes umbrage.

Law 65.1 - The law for effeminate players not being allowed to enter the field of play should also be rigidly enforced.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Nov. 22 2004,17:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Nov. 21 2004,13:00)]Which rule would you like to see properly enforced?
The rule where foul and abusive language, gestures and harrassment of match officials is enforced. All the kids pick up on this and one, in particular, tries it on every week for SZFC,  looking amazed when the referee takes umbrage.

Law 65.1 - The law for effeminate players not being allowed to enter the field of play should also be rigidly enforced.
Rylands A had a ref on Sunday who rigidly enforced it...
Barge finished up with 9 men and were seriously p***d off

Goalkeepers continually handball now when kicking from their hands. They can run to the edge of their area and then take those extra few steps and some do leave the area with the ball in their hands.

Something else that annoys me are forwards who aren't looking to play the ball in aerial challenges yet the free kick is inevitably awarded to them rather than the other way, though that's because some referees don't understand football.

Finally, there should be a law requiring the ejection of any fan that shouts offside from a goal kick!

[b said:
Where the foul is committed, the ball stays there and doesn't move forward another ten yards. Same with throw-ins etc. where many players push the ball forward so much from where the ball actually went out of play! That is one of the most annoying things for me. Probably because our players don't take advantage of it enough as well though!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Nov. 23 2004,14:26)]
[b said:
Where the foul is committed, the ball stays there and doesn't move forward another ten yards. Same with throw-ins etc. where many players push the ball forward so much from where the ball actually went out of play! That is one of the most annoying things for me. Probably because our players don't take advantage of it enough as well though!
How about a new law that states that you can take a quick throw in or free kick in your own half from anywhere provided that it is behind the point where the foul was commited or the ball went out of play? Would speed up the game, and the ref could concentrate on making sure that there is no "land grabbing" going on..?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ Nov. 23 2004,14:05)]Finally, there should be a law requiring the ejection of any fan that shouts offside from a goal kick!
and from Throw-Ins

(got to admit though I didn't know these aspects of the off-side rule until a season or two ago!)

I get annoyed at the pantomime we go through when a free kick is given in an attacking position with the referee marching about 7 yards then being almost completely ignored by the defenders.  Often wonder whether the 10 yard chain employed in American Football might be a good idea.  Wouldn't take any longer than the current shenanigans (love that word!) the players and referees play out.

The six second rule is never enforced and is extremely frustated when your losing with 5 minutes or so to go and the goalkeeper has the ball in his hands for a good 10 - 12 seconds.

Standing right in front of a player taking a long throw so as to obstruct his follow through or at least intimidate him from following through properly. FIFA gave instructions that this was a free kick and a yellow card years ago and I saw it enforced about once. So much for encouraging attacking play....

Back