• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Running Thread

In prep for Chelmsford half i did 16.5 k in 2 hours with a couple of runners from my running club, felt good this morning , so hopefully I will get 2 hr 15 for my first half, bit late to start at 61 but got to start somewhere
I did 10 miles at the weekend too - really felt it in my left knee and hip for the last mile or so, and I really don't want to pick up an injury before the Chelmsford Half, so I'm going to dial back the mileage for a few weeks.

I did 10 miles at the weekend too - really felt it in my left knee and hip for the last mile or so, and I really don't want to pick up an injury before the Chelmsford Half, so I'm going to dial back the mileage for a few weeks.
My route was very flat SN, had a few small inclines but nothing major

What time are you looking at aiming for ?

My route was very flat SN, had a few small inclines but nothing major

What time are you looking at aiming for ?
Well my half marathon PB is 1:57, but that was at Southend which is mostly flat and straight. Given that I haven't run the distance for so long I'd be happy with anything under 2:15, and then aim for a new PB at Southend in June.

Well my half marathon PB is 1:57, but that was at Southend which is mostly flat and straight. Given that I haven't run the distance for so long I'd be happy with anything under 2:15, and then aim for a new PB at Southend in June.
I’m doing Southend as well, might be seeing your heels a lot and then you speed off into the distance ?

Did 6k over John Burrows and struggled to get going.

Dropped my car key and it was a good thing I had a head torch otherwise I would never have found it.

Did 6k over John Burrows and struggled to get going.

Dropped my car key and it was a good thing I had a head torch otherwise I would never have found it.
Monday I managed my 1st 10k since I bought new running shoes in December. The problem was on the downhill sections my lower back was hurting. My wife has told me not to exercise the rest of the week as I'm in danger of slipping a disc.

Doesn't help that I have ten 25kg bags of salt for the water softener being delivered tomorrow that I'll need to carry up a flight of steps and the round the side of the house to the shed at the back of the garden!

Monday I managed my 1st 10k since I bought new running shoes in December. The problem was on the downhill sections my lower back was hurting. My wife has told me not to exercise the rest of the week as I'm in danger of slipping a disc.

Doesn't help that I have ten 25kg bags of salt for the water softener being delivered tomorrow that I'll need to carry up a flight of steps and the round the side of the house to the shed at the back of the garden!

Don't worry, I'm sure she'll cope just fine with it. Set her a time limit for an additonal challenge

:Highfive:

Just signed up for Brentwood half, I’m the slow runner in orange at the back

Just found this thread..

Started doing some running in Jan started 5k at 27:40 and have been getting quicker and running longer distances since then to longest and quickest time Monday night 15K in 1:12:12

Signed up for a half in Kew Gardens 10th April would like to beat 1:45

Did 8k in Belfairs woods last night with a head torch.

I need a more powerful head torch because it is really had to see roots, potholes etc.
Up to about 10 years ago, used to run through the woods & nature reserve couple of times weekly. One summers evening had only been there for a couple of mins, when i heard a noise behind me. Looked round & it was a couple of fellow runners.
But whilst doing that, i tripped on a tree root & plummeted head first into a large clump of stinging nettles FFS!. As i was only wearing a vest & shorts, within a minute my torso resembled 'The Torch' from the Fantastic Four!.
Legged it home which was fortunately only 5 mins away, & then proceeded to use a whole bottle of Calamine to sooth the effects of the stingers!.
What peed me off, was when it happened the 2 runners who passed me laying in a heap in the nettles, just continued running past!. Maybe they didn't stop because they were laughing so much!.

Back