• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Running Thread

Well my half marathon PB is 1:57, but that was at Southend which is mostly flat and straight. Given that I haven't run the distance for so long I'd be happy with anything under 2:15, and then aim for a new PB at Southend in June.

What time did you get mate Brentwood?
I got 2 hr 11 m so happy, didn’t find that hill at the end too intimidating, crowds were brilliant, loved the jazz band at half way

If any of you at the Brentwood half, witnessed someone in an orange T-shirt cramp up 30 yards from the finish, that was me.

If any of you at the Brentwood half, witnessed someone in an orange T-shirt cramp up 30 yards from the finish, that was me.
Ah, I know who you are now saw it on the Flyers page …hope everything was ok ….was almost perfect conditions though

What time did you get mate Brentwood?
I got 2 hr 11 m so happy, didn’t find that hill at the end too intimidating, crowds were brilliant, loved the jazz band at half way
I didn't do Brentwood, and I had to pull out of Chelmsford as I got Covid and missed the last 3 weeks of training. Still recovering now and hoping to be fit enough for the Southend half in June.

2hrs 11mins is decent - I'm sure you'll beat that at Southend; its a fast flat course. Just gotta hope it's not too hot.

I didn't do Brentwood, and I had to pull out of Chelmsford as I got Covid and missed the last 3 weeks of training. Still recovering now and hoping to be fit enough for the Southend half in June.

2hrs 11mins is decent - I'm sure you'll beat that at Southend; its a fast flat course. Just gotta hope it's not too hot.
Sorry to read this mate, did Chelmsford in 2 hr 09 m two week previous, Chelmsford half again on 9/10 so might see you there if not at Southend
I hope on the road to recovery from Covid

Sorry to read this mate, did Chelmsford in 2 hr 09 m two week previous, Chelmsford half again on 9/10 so might see you there if not at Southend
I hope on the road to recovery from Covid
Thanks mate - in terms of day-to-day stuff I'm 100% recovered now, but it's really taken a toll on my running. Can't run anywhere near as far or as fast as I could before I got it, it's like going back to square one! I'm back to running 2 times a week now though, so hopefully the mojo will return soon.

Not been here for a while.

After months of injury clocked a 2:12 at Chelmsford with little effort and a 2:08 at Brentwood (bloody hill at the end).

Got the Blackwater Trial on 22 May. Its 41 miles. FORTY ****ING ONE. What was I thinking. I've done 30s before, but this is way out of my comfort zone.

Oh, and I got a London Marathon spot :)

Thanks mate - in terms of day-to-day stuff I'm 100% recovered now, but it's really taken a toll on my running. Can't run anywhere near as far or as fast as I could before I got it, it's like going back to square one! I'm back to running 2 times a week now though, so hopefully the mojo will return soon.

I am in exactly the same position. Four minutes off my parkrun PB, and no sign of getting closer. I think distance at a comfortable pace is where I am at now. I can't see me doing sub 9 minute miles over any kind of distance again. Strava doesn't help with its new "last year you ran this" feature.

I am in exactly the same position. Four minutes off my parkrun PB, and no sign of getting closer. I think distance at a comfortable pace is where I am at now. I can't see me doing sub 9 minute miles over any kind of distance again. Strava doesn't help with its new "last year you ran this" feature.
I'm currently not allowed to run as I have a lower back problem. I'm doing a lot of interval and endurance stuff on the bike instead at the moment. I'm dreading being allowed to run again for fear of going through what you're going through. Even before this lay off I was well off my best...

After a long hiatus I am back! The wife encouraged me to buy her a running machine. I have used it more than she has. I’ve started to build up my time and speed and haven’t been able to get the time to go out due to Easter Holidays. It’s given me the motivation to go out and start running again. It will also help me when the **** weather comes around I can just run whilst watching Southend v Manchester United for the 800th time.

Clare Castle parkrun for us today - beautiful one, well worth doing if you don’t mind getting up a bit earlier!

Might be Flinty have place, but not sure now as something has come up
Did Crown to Crown cross country on Good Friday , jeez was hard ?
With Criwn to Crown the going out is ok…it’s the coming back that’s the issue ?

Received details on Friday for Vitality and in Black wave ??

For those who know me, I run a session Wednesday evening at Southchurch Park for people who can run 5k in the 12-14 minute mile area.
We do a variety of effort sessions that last between 30-45 minutes.
If interested please get in touch

With Criwn to Crown the going out is ok…it’s the coming back that’s the issue ?

Received details on Friday for Vitality and in Black wave ??

Yep that 200 yards up the hill was hard especially on a hot day, got sub 30 mins so happy, running Essex summer series looking forward to those races over next five months

Not running (though I could do). Into day 6 of a 21 day world Virgin Pulse challenge. Quite why they have gone for so long, usually 10-12 days is anyones guess.

There’s a ceiling of 30K steps per day which, given that I average around 23K is not too much of a stretch though in the week I usually do 20/21 and top it up at the weekend. So with work getting in the way it means 5-530am starts for me and in bed as soon as I’ve finished my evening shower.

Well over 1,000 in this in teams of 5. Our team is second overall. I think we’ll finish in the top 5 rather than top 3 because I don’t think one or maybe 2 of them are going to be able to sustain their current dailies for another 2 weeks.

Individually the numbers maxing out are already dropping daily and we’re now down to just over 40. I expect that will end up being around 20 by the end of this.

Sunday was the first struggle I’ve had in many a moon. My legs felt like lead. An early night did the trick. My legs expect their morning stretch.

Currently weighing in at 10 and a half stone. A far cry from the 12 stone plus when I left the U.K. There’s an expectation that with some of the ridiculous Covid rules here starting to ease football might resume in June, just in time to play in 30-35 degrees and max humidity. Can’t wait to blow the dust off the boots again. It may now just be SuperVets (45 plus) but it’s a decent standard. I know the time will come to retire but I’m not ready for it just yet.

Back