• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WESTY_SUFC

What a difference it made having a bit of pace upfront in the last 15 mins. Richards and Laurence had the easiest games of thier lives untill Ryan went on the last man and caused them to panic which led to the goal.

During all our home games this season teams have come to Roots Hall with a high defence line because they know we have no pace upfront. This squashes the play and makes it v hard to play football and in league 2 players arnt good enough to play their way out which has so far lead to awful hoofball. I honestly feel that if teams are going to come to Roots Hall with this tactic then its vital you put someone with pace on the last man.

Yep. Which is why IMO we should be playing Johnson. Ok, in the limited time he has had on the pitch, he hasn't looked great. But, give him regular game time and in the right position I'm confident he will cause defences all sorts of problems.

He should of come on last night, along with Kalala I feel.

We got lucky.

Agree with this. I still would have liked us to have brought in a striker with a bit of pace in the summer. I'm guessing the problems getting rid of Matt Paterson hindered this.

Back