• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You bet that Leeds will start him more often, as they started him and he done well on the pitch, Leeds would have to pay more fee for Hall!

Well, it all feels a little bit like post Christmas really ......... what should (and could) have been good news (Southend developed a player who goes to Division 2 side for a fee) has turned into a small but annoying hangover feeling ...........

Still, 'tis the season of goodwill and all that ......... so well done Ryan and I am sure the money will assist S.U.F.C. to some extent.

Strange how the world keeps moving and the squad keeps rotating ............

Good job halls gone at last, one more off the payroll ! We can all focus on the players that are doing well for us and hopefully do us all proud at the end of season.!!

That's not a bad price in the circumstances. I'm sure Leeds could have screwed us over there if they wanted to.

Leeds have done that a few times over the years... to many people , look at the way they conducted themselves during the period of administration....

Now we need Bile Moshsi to **** off then we are on the way up, let Col Ewes have him, at least he did something for Southend, by helping to send the scums down!

Hall can go f+*+ himself! He is now thanking us for our understanding that he wanted to do better for himself, well we didn't have a choice in that matter did we? He showed utterly no respect to our club and deserves none back! Good riddance to bad rubbish I say.

Now we need Bile Moshsi to **** off then we are on the way up, let Col Ewes have him, at least he did something for Southend, by helping to send the scums down!

Was that deliberate? Fair play if so! :thumbsup:

Glad he's gone. Superb player for us, but became the proverbial Bertie Big Bollocks and by all accounts, a contributor to tension in the camp last season. Very poorly handled by both him and his advisors, showed utter disrespect to a club who rescued him from non-league obscurity AND stood by him when he was sentenced to prison. So good riddance. Funnily enough, if Hurst keeps going the way he is going at the moment, then he will surpass Hall's record number of assists for us in one season. Hall got 19 I think. Hurst is on 11 or 12 so far.

Disappointing fee wise. Should have renegotiated his contract when he was playing well mid term to include an extension option in our favour. That could have upped his value dramatically........... Death to all agents!!!

Think we will all take that... Hopefully this can pay for laird and hopefully we can keep tam too

Hold no grudges over his move personally. Thanks for everything and best of luck for the future.

Well we got 150k and Hurst- who actually is in my view a better all round player (although less of a goal threat and that always gets the attention). Assist-wize per game I wonder how they compare- someone will have that I'm sure.

When it comes to work rate, ball retention, range of passing (with both feet) and defensive duties I am not sure its particularly close.

Well we got 150k and Hurst- who actually is in my view a better all round player (although less of a goal threat and that always gets the attention). Assist-wize per game I wonder how they compare- someone will have that I'm sure.

When it comes to work rate, ball retention, range of passing (with both feet) and defensive duties I am not sure its particularly close.

It's a close call. I'd say Hall on when on top form was a match winner on his own who produce something which other league 2 players can't. That's why Leeds have signed him. Can he produce that in the Championship? I'm not to sure myself.

I don't think Hurst can be is good as that but as you say his work rate and defensive ability is far better. Hurst is also far more consistent. If he isn't having the best game he will work to get involved and not go missing as Hall did when the going got tough.

That is a major key point from the whole team now. Sturrock has changed the team from a group of some good individuals to a v good rounded team and we are seeing that with quality link up football now and work rate for eachother.

I don't have any gripes with Hall and wish him good luck. He gave us some fantastic moments of brilliance. The way he left was wrong but I would think it's a bit rich coming from a club who has treated players disgracefully in the past few years to complain about.

We only hear what the owner wants us to hear when players leave and usually it's very tasteless unless everyone does exactly as he demands. Barnard being a prime example cause he didn't want to sign a contract we were fed rubbish about him 'downing tools'. I'm not sure any footballer would even use that phrase. At least Barney went to the Echo to put the record straight.

At least we can forget the whole 'Hall' saga and move on with what looks like what could be a great season on the pitch.

Hall can go f+*+ himself! He is now thanking us for our understanding that he wanted to do better for himself, well we didn't have a choice in that matter did we? He showed utterly no respect to our club and deserves none back! Good riddance to bad rubbish I say.

Hall doesn't summon this level of animosity from me - I reserve that for Mohsni. Happy with the cash and we move on. If a player is capable of getting awarded a contract 2 leagues higher, you can't blame him for wanting that. Clearly there's a way of going about these things, but professional footballers aren't the most intelligent of creatures and are badly advised by greedy agents, so Hall type situations are to be expected.

Got to agree with that. Hall was brilliant at what he did and no doubt has the potential to make the grade higher up but he is a bit of a one-trick pony, insomuch as he was fairly easy to mark out of the game in the second half of last season when opposition teams sussed him out and realised that he was our only real outlet. Hurst will be much more difficult to mark out of the game because he works a lot harder off the ball than Hall does.

We had a decent return from Hall, it's a shame the way he left the club as he could have been held in high regards. I didn't think I would feel this so soon but I don't even miss him with the more all round Hurst taking his place.

Much like Mohsni, Hally never really produced in the big games. £150k and another bad apple gone, thank you very much

Hurst will be much more difficult to mark out of the game because he works a lot harder off the ball than Hall does.

And Sturrock must take the credit for that. Remember when we signed him, Walsall fans were glad to get shot of him, as they all thought he was pretty useless. (Unless of course he was played out of position when there?).

And Sturrock must take the credit for that. Remember when we signed him, Walsall fans were glad to get shot of him, as they all thought he was pretty useless. (Unless of course he was played out of position when there?).

Just the same as Tomlin was useless at Daggers. Happens sometimes. Chesterfield fans liked Hurst when he was there, as did Carlisle fans.

Don't feel the fee warranted the talent that Hall has but we got money which is the most important thing, it may only cover cost for the next 6 weeks but thats something I suppose.

Hall was getting alot of stick on twitter so maybe him thanking us fans publicly was to stop it or just for show but at least he did it, we signed him for nothing we had a great year out of him last year and we get money for him to.

Leeds have done that a few times over the years... to many people , look at the way they conducted themselves during the period of administration....

That was more the chairman of the time then the club. Surely we all know about chairman trying to cut corners.

Anyway...

Just a bit of an update, this seems a slightly odd transfer. He isn't really being involved in the squads and the few times he has played he's been really indifferent.

He had a great game at Huddersfield, only as a sub, but was subbed against Birmingham after 45 minutes. It seems a bit like it's a move to far at the moment. The levels of pressure and expectancy are far higher and he's appears to be struggling. He's being touted as one for the future but he's not a kid now.

The deal, and fee, look like they were agreed at the start of the loan. There was some talk on Leeds forums that we couldn't back out of it. He hasn't started well but with a 2 and 1/2 year deal there's still time for him to do something, anything.

That was more the chairman of the time then the club. Surely we all know about chairman trying to cut corners.

Anyway...

Just a bit of an update, this seems a slightly odd transfer. He isn't really being involved in the squads and the few times he has played he's been really indifferent.

He had a great game at Huddersfield, only as a sub, but was subbed against Birmingham after 45 minutes. It seems a bit like it's a move to far at the moment. The levels of pressure and expectancy are far higher and he's appears to be struggling. He's being touted as one for the future but he's not a kid now.

The deal, and fee, look like they were agreed at the start of the loan. There was some talk on Leeds forums that we couldn't back out of it. He hasn't started well but with a 2 and 1/2 year deal there's still time for him to do something, anything.

The information I had was exactly that. However Hall performed, it was a done deal and Leeds wouldn't be able to back out.

That said I think he's been his own worst enemy. Because of the way he conducted himself, for the first couple of months of this season he didn't play. When he found his way to you he wasn't any where near match fit. (Fit yes, but not match fit.) Coming on as a sub once in a whilse hasn't really helped him get fit either.

Back