• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ryanair Economies?

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
Went through the 'ryanair experience' this weekend ......out of Bergerac....
and there was I thinking that Carcassonne was a pathetic excuse for an airport!
Anyway, with ideas of automatic boarding passes and coin slot toilets to save money, I thought it would be a good idea to ask on here, whether people can think of other ways that Ryanair could make economies...........or make more money 'on flight'. I had a number of ideas during the trip but don't want to put them all on here......though, I'll start the ball rolling with a couple. It struck me that, with a simple guide, one of the passengers could refill the aircraft with kerosine and anyone with a driving license could push the aircraft out onto the runway before jumping on board in the last minute.

slack off all the hosts and hotsesess, and just have a vending machine on the plane for drinks and foods?

How about get rid of the seats? You can fit loads more people in if they have to stand.

How about charge say 300 euros a flight then all the people that moan about paying 10 euros can really moan,me i thank ryanair for alowing me to take my family on a flight fot as little as 1o euros each and i thank them for letting me book a flight just ten mins ago allowing my son to visit at a rip off price of 66 euros.cheers ryanair long may you rip us off.

How about charge say 300 euros a flight then all the people that moan about paying 10 euros can really moan,me i thank ryanair for alowing me to take my family on a flight fot as little as 1o euros each and i thank them for letting me book a flight just ten mins ago allowing my son to visit at a rip off price of 66 euros.cheers ryanair long may you rip us off.

Tony, I don't think it is a question of ryanair ripping us off, I am as keen as you to profit from cheap air fares. It is just that ryanair are always at the limit of compromising cheap flights with the basic norms one expects whe travelling. This time I had to find, within a month's notice, a return flight for the weekend and it's true that other fares were nearly double the price. If you book well in advance you can find offers that compare very well, or are indeed cheaper, than ryanair. With these you don't have to stuff everything into your hand luggage, nor be a genius on the computer to avoid taking on options that you don't want, nor be treated a bit better than transported cattle, nor spend the trip being bombarded by commercial
propositions.
Don't get me wrong, if you travel with ryanair, you have to be willing to accept all of these inconveniences.....................after all you have the choice to go elsewhere. The thread was really not meant as a critique of ryanair......as the old adage goes...........you get what you pay for! It was more a tongue in cheek comment on the possibly ridiculous limits that this company are prepared to go to in the effort of cutting costs.
I would, honestly be interested to know whether you have managed to get return fares at 10 euros? Whenever I have started with journeys at 0 euros............ the real price, with charges added on, ends up rather more expensive. I suppose there are other issues as well, in that ryanair into Stanstead is the most convenient destination for Southend. I'm waiting for the day that Ricey will tell me that easyjet are starting flights direct to Southend airport!

Ryanair were supposed to start up a sevice from Beziers/Cap D'Agde airport to London last DECEMBER -I'm still waiting for it to happen.
Frankly, they make promises(in print)which they don't keep.At the moment you can't find details of the Girona to Newquay service(which they started up last summer)on their website.
Now shock /horror they're strongly rumoured to be about to start up a "service" to/ from Barcelona which might well mean the end of EasyJet here(which I quite like- at least pricewise)and also logically a reduction in the current RyanAir service from Girona to London(which I've never tried though I've heard plenty of horror stories about it).
Personally I'm hoping that if BA and Iberia DO eventually merge they'll bring back GO(or an equivalent) which was an excellent low-cost service that also managed to provide passengers with a reserved seat at check in (for no extra cost).

Last edited:
10 Euros one way each person,drove back in the new car via tescos and asdas,cost me 60 euros to get to the airport and 110 pounds to get from stansted to sarf london so for me ryanair s always a winner.

card.jpg

Personally I'm hoping that if BA and Iberia DO eventually merge they'll bring back GO(or an equivalent) which was an excellent low-cost service that also managed to provide passengers with a reserved seat at check in (for no extra cost).

Go were "absorbed" by sleazyJet.
Shame as they were the best "low-cost" airline around!

Back