• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Salford City vs Southend United 20th October 2020 19:45 hrs FL2

What would be your starting eleven for Tuesday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a tricky one that needs to balance the fact that we have a lot of players who need their injuries managing and the fact that we have a run of 5 games in 15 days, of which this is only the second.

The options are therefore pretty limited and I would go for:

Oxley

Elvis Hobson Dieng Clifford

Nathaniel-George K.Taylor Olayinka Ralph

Goodship Acquah

Subs: Seaden, Lennon, Demi, R.Taylor, Sterling, Egbri, Coker​

Tempting as it would be to let Demi and Lennon put their feet up at home, I think it's important to keep the group together and to have experienced voices around the squad for a quiet word in the ear on the coach, before the game and at half-time.

It sounds like Macca, White and Akinola are not ready yet so have not even considered them.

I think Nathaniel-George deserves a start, and starting the new midfielder is a no-brainer if Demi needs a rest. The lad Sterling looked a bit lost on Saturday so I'd give him a rest and see if he can do something off the bench instead.

I think Clifford takes a mean dead ball, and pushing Ralph up with his springy legs allows Ox to at least have two points to aim for with goal kicks. He didn't do too bad last time he played further forward either.

Can't see us getting much from this one, but as ever I live in hope rather than expectation! I'll be watching with interest on iFollow, hoping for a bit of a response following Saturday's lacklustre performance.
I'm with you on that selection @Shrimpergarry. That midfield looks to have pace aplenty and with Tom C at full back we would have the linkage of him and Ralph which I'm very keen to see again.

We need to go out there on the front foot and get a win. Need confidence. At this point I don't even want to be there to shout at them, just encourage them to get forward and be brave in possession.

I would like us to go there and get the clean sheet monkey off our back. Set up solid at the back and one up front and nick something if possible.

Ox
Elvis, Dieng, Lennon, Clifford
ANG, Taylor, Demi, Olayinka, Ralph
Sterling

For how fantastic of a player he was I don’t see Scholes as a good manager , I think we could be lucky he’s in charge for this game.

We are gonna have to score at least 2 goals to get a win so there needs to be some creativity and goals within the team , seeing as we none at present someone is gonna have to step up to the plate

Oxley
Elvis Hobson Dieng Clifford

ANG Taylor Olayinka Ralph

Goodship and Acquah

my prediction if we go back toprevious formation, think this has come too early for Macca and White they may be in the bench but can’t see them starting as will need to get some minutes built up in their legs over the next few games.

think we might snatch a draw can’t see us winning, but praying that we do, can see the potential there just need to find that right combination to unlock it.

I was wondering exactly that and Tranmere too on Saturday? Also when was the last time we won a midweek league game, discounting Bank Holidays?

November 27, 2018. Beat Scunthorpe 2-0 (Dieng, Mantom) with the assistance of a first-half red card for Scunthorpe's James Perch.

We've lost 10 of the 11 midweek league games since. Sadly, I can't see anything but that record being extended.

Scholes could well be the worse manager in Oldhams history but I think they will still win comfortably.

After Saturdays debacle I think this is a 'must win' game. Obviously it isn't really, and we are not even good enough to enter the category where 'must win' is a viable proposition. But, there is pressure, all the same. Its building game by game now. And so it should. This is competitive, professional sport. I liked the interview with Kyle Taylor last week when he said, in short, it doesn't matter how well I play as an individual, what matters is whether or not Southend win.

Last edited:
Back