• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sam Mantom

LBBlue

Manager⭐
Signed for

“Pitching In Southern Football League Premier Division Central club Rushall Olympic“ (Based in Walsall)

Played at Lowestoft Town yesterday and scored a late equaliser in a 1-1 draw.

Michael Kightly is there too - he got a knock a few weeks ago and is out injured though .......

Also enjoyed a nice round of golf the day before a match day when passed fit by the medics but didn't feel ready....."allegedly".

Also enjoyed a nice round of golf the day before a match day when passed fit by the medics but didn't feel ready....."allegedly".

that’s exactly why others haven’t signed him... He never feels ‘ready’

Certainly not the type of player you need for a relegation dogfight. Hope he does well though.

One of his weakest areas for me was his awareness tracking back. It wasn't that he was lazy, he would cover the ground. But he would ball watch the whole time whilst tracking back.

A good CM keeps his eye on the dangerous area just outside your own D. No good coasting back to the penalty spot with all eyes on the winger, if he slips an easy pass to an unmarked player 25 yds out.....Who then has time for touch and gets a comfortable shot away.

Yes you have to get goal side but if you don't allow them space you can stop an attack without touching the ball. If you have a look again at the second goal yesterday.....The player on the ball in his own half has all the time in the world, pings it left. Then its taken down and controlled under no pressure and passed back under no pressure. To another player who has the time to steady himself and make sure he then whips in a great cross.......You have to work to create a mistake and you have to read it like i'm sure all of us did whilst watching on iFollow......

We had had our warning when Harry L cleared of the line from an attack down the left. Then a few minutes later their lad made a great run to get the header in and score but the moment that ball was pinged across the half way line he knew if he got in the right place he would get the chance....That is the difference between a confident winning team and one who do it half hearted because they don't expect it.

Yet in the last full season we played he started 43 of 46 league games and played in all of our FA Cup games and our traditional League Cup exit!

My point is you can be ready physically but not mentally and if your a CM that is the worst position to not be up for it. Still don't take my word, ask the players who have played with him in their team. Or the people who refused to sign him for that very reason.

A whole season of Mantom.....List your top 10 ten tackles. Ok thats a bit unfair so five covering tackles......Or 4 brave blocks on the edge of the box....3 brave headers. I could find a couple of decent assists.....How about just 1 decent yellow for the team one that stopped a good break and no doubt a goal chance.

Yet in the last full season we played he started 43 of 46 league games and played in all of our FA Cup games and our traditional League Cup exit!

95% of which he was a tackle-shirking passenger. I don't want to criticise too much as I guess it could perhaps be a mental health thing as opposed to a pure laziness thing. But we had quite a few players during that time who weren't psychologically up for battle. That was part of our undoing.

I just checked what level Rushall Olympic were, and I'm surprised his gone that far down the pyramid to be fair. League One to one below Conference North/South...

Back