• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Think he would be a great signing for us. Looks solid and very comfortable on the Ball. Been very impressed with him over last few games. I guess it’s just wether Scunny still want him or not.
I tweeted this and he liked it... I know you shouldn’t read to much into it, but I’m sure If there was no interest he wouldn’t have liked it.
Thoughts?

when he first cam it was to get game time and back to fitness he was not going to get a Scunthorpe. TBH don't think he had any thoughts of a longer move. Since he has said he's been surprised how he has enjoyed it and its been better than he thought- think he likes the group of players and its virtually impossible not to like Chris Powell.

BUT and its a big but he has a year to go on his contract. If Scunthorpe don't go up there is every chance the new manager will want to keep him. If not he is good enough that someone will pay a fee. And if they are up north then the chances are he would prefer it even if he would entertain a move here that he wouldn't have without the loan move first.

So will we offer say £150k plus a 3 year contract? Might be what it takes..

Think the chances of him rolling up on a free aren't great- he will be on the radar of a few L1 clubs

He would be a great signing. We look so much more solid in the middle with him in the side. I think there's more to come as he gets fitter. Woody is a luxury player and can't seem to play away from home, meaning we get easily passed by in the midfield. Not the case with Mantom.

He was, with others, poor at Plymouth and I haven't seen that he brings anymore to the midfield than Wright, who we already have for next season: AND less than Timlin.
On a free transfer only IMO.

Certainly looked the part at Blackburn. Stronger than Wright and better on the ball than Timlin. Covered other players well and had good energy.

Lets see what he can do until the end of the season. Even if that goes smooth and he likes the idea of signing for Southend, CP could have other plans or Scunny may so no.

Last edited:
Think he would be a great signing for us. Looks solid and very comfortable on the Ball. Been very impressed with him over last few games. I guess it’s just wether Scunny still want him or not.
I tweeted this and he liked it... I know you shouldn’t read to much into it, but I’m sure If there was no interest he wouldn’t have liked it.
Thoughts?

A fine player.

Far better than Wright.

He's having a similar impact to Peter Butler and Luke Guttridge when they first arrived.

Really hope we sign him.

Certainly looked the part at Blackburn. Stronger than Wright and better on the ball than Timlin. Covered other players well and had good energy.

Lets see what he can do until the end of the season. Even if that goes smooth and he likes the idea of signing for Southend, wi CP could have other plans or Scunny may so no.

Agree with this, downside is his injury record, he has had a fair few things done for someone his age, I don’t know if he will stay fit, as he is a “go in at full tilt” type of player, it takes a lot out of you.

Agree with this, downside is his injury record, he has had a fair few things done for someone his age, I don’t know if he will stay fit, as he is a “go in at full tilt” type of player, it takes a lot out of you.

Seeing as our away record against teams in the top half was W1 D0 L9, I think we could do with a few players who at least go in at half tilt.

I like the look of him and would be more than happy if he joined us; not sure that's on the cards though.

He's more skilful than Tims, and strong with it. He's definitely stronger then Josh Wright (although I think he does a Pettifer-like job when he plays). If we need to be planning for a future without Timlin, which I think is likely, then someone like Mantom is an upgrade in my opinion.

He was, with others, poor at Plymouth and I haven't seen that he brings anymore to the midfield than Wright, who we already have for next season: AND less than Timlin.

Odd I thought he was excellent against Blackburn looked solid and good passing as well as driving forward well. There is a good player there imo

Looks the part, would be a good addition. Can we afford to pay anything as far as a transfer fee for anybody ? Was Bolger the last player we paid for ?

I agree with what people are saying about his performance last Saturday. He looked very comfortable on the ball and grew int the game. It is a pity that we have not been able to see more of him to get a good idea of what he could bring.

I think he brings more of a physical presence than Wright.

Thought he was really good against Rotherham too.

Regarding transfer fee, don't forget we tabled a bid for the Doncaster midfielder in Jan of 150k, if that money is still available then who knows.

Odd I thought he was excellent against Blackburn looked solid and good passing as well as driving forward well. There is a good player there imo
Yes,definitely an extremely good player at this level and just to put the record straight(Massimo couldn’t have been watching much)Mantom and Oxley were definitely the only ones to emerge with any credit from the dismal display at Plymouth,though Turner also tried hard to counter White’s total hopelessness.

Yes,definitely an extremely good player at this level and just to put the record straight(Massimo couldn’t have been watching much)Mantom and Oxley were definitely the only ones to emerge with any credit from the dismal display at Plymouth,though Turner also tried hard to counter White’s total hopelessness.

Ouch! my cheeks are stinging from that bitch slap.
The midfield got over run and neither helped greatly with going forward or defending at Plymouth. I thought Cox and Dru put full effort into the game (as Oxley) but it was a very off key performance truth be told.
As for comparing Mantom with Peter Butler.......................:raspberry:

As for......... I haven't seen that he brings anymore to the midfield than Wright..........

Remain to be convinced, not seen enough to think he is better or offers anything different to what we have currently. He's coming to the end of the 2nd year of a 3 year contract so we'd probably have to be paying a fee, and I just can't see us doing that.

Back