• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Samsung Tocco, is it any good? (& other phone questions)

Is this the phone TrueBlue was going on about how good it is recently?

samsung-f480.jpg

It's upgrade time for me & Vodafone in their usual inimitable style have got a patheticly rubbish selection of Nokias (I swore last upgrade when I got my BlackBerry that I flogged onto a certain poster on here that I'd never stray from Nokia again).

Anyway, on my tariff I can get a Samsung Tocco with free mobile internet access, is the phone actually any good?

I am also half tempted to ditch Vodafone for 3 or Orange, has anybody ported their number lately? Has the process speeded up at all over the past 5 years, can't be without my number for 10 days just now.

Also, anybody know anything about rapidly dwindling virtual memory on phones & how I can solve the problem? Got no really large themes or files stored on the phone, everything pretty much is running on my memory card. I did a bit of research and it appears this is a common problem on a Nokia 6234 but all the threads I could find about this were commented on either by people with little comprehension of the English language or by real techy geeks therefore total gobbledygook!!!

Glasgow, i have this phone. I have had it for about 3 months now. Best phone i have had. The touch screen is very good. Basically this phone has everything!! I would def recommend!

Not sure about the Samsung but i recently upgraded and after various issues, i have finally got a Nokia E71....fairly new on the market, it looks really really good, feels really good and does what it says on the tin, Got to grips with the qwerty keyboard with in a day. A really really top phone.

Plus points = Built in GPS, “listen to” option on e-mails and txt's, with a very easily understandable voice, all the usual multi media packages and a very high standard of office packages, including Quick Office, Dictionary, Zip, Bluetooth Printer hook up and Adobe PDF reader. It come with 2gb mem, but upgradable to 8gb.

Down sides = The only one i have found is the 3.2Mpixel cam is not the greatest. Not a touch Screen

As for Network....i can not fault 3, been with them for 2 years. They are by far the best Multimedia network provider, on my account i get TV, e-mail, internet, Facebook, Windows Live Messenger + loads more.

nokia-e71.jpg

Cheers Dave but don't want a qwerty style keypad.
If I did, I'd wait for the new Vodafone BlackBerry (their answer to the iPhone apparently)

I had it for about 3 weeks before cracking the screen (my fault) but it is an awesome phone and i can't wait for it to get fixed.. I 've used my mates iphone quite often and i prefer the Tocco.

I had it for about 3 weeks before cracking the screen (my fault) but it is an awesome phone and i can't wait for it to get fixed.. I 've used my mates iphone quite often and i prefer the Tocco.
richie hasnt let you anywhere near his iphone, and neither have i, and you have no other friends.
dont know about tocco, but whatever you do do NOT, repeat do NOT get the omnia. i was with vodafone and got the omnia as an upgrade last month. used it for 3 days and it had all kinds of software issues (which are aparently quite frequent), so they advised me to get a different phone. so i did, the iphone with O2 and i actually love it more then my family and friends

One of my mates has got one, and ive got a LG Viewty, both as good as each other imo.. great camara qulity on the viewty though i know that much, cant really say for the Tocco...think the viewty is abit more heavyweight then the Tocco can handle more knocks and scratches...as my mate has had a few problems with his screen already whereas mines been fine and it comes to work with me every day without protection.

Bottled it, ended up taking a better tariff but for a lesser phone, so got a Nokia 6124.
Still at least I've now got more texts & unlimited inclusive mobile internet now so I should only ever really be paying my flat monthly subscription rate!

Ok guys probably been about 100 threads on phones recently so thought I'd bump this one. In the market for a new phone and basically wondered if anyone had any recommendations.

Not sure about the Samsung but i recently upgraded and after various issues, i have finally got a Nokia E71....fairly new on the market, it looks really really good, feels really good and does what it says on the tin, Got to grips with the qwerty keyboard with in a day. A really really top phone.

Plus points = Built in GPS, “listen to” option on e-mails and txt's, with a very easily understandable voice, all the usual multi media packages and a very high standard of office packages, including Quick Office, Dictionary, Zip, Bluetooth Printer hook up and Adobe PDF reader. It come with 2gb mem, but upgradable to 8gb.

Down sides = The only one i have found is the 3.2Mpixel cam is not the greatest. Not a touch Screen

As for Network....i can not fault 3, been with them for 2 years. They are by far the best Multimedia network provider, on my account i get TV, e-mail, internet, Facebook, Windows Live Messenger + loads more.

nokia-e71.jpg

yes a nice phone that. I was thinking of either the E71 or the N96. I finally went for the N96 which is a very nice phone similar to the N95 with a few extras such as a built in BBC i player. It also has a neat little stand on the back so you can watch your videos etc without having to hold it.
The only slight neg for me is the size of the screen which is similar to the N95 (I think just slightly larger) and it still has a 5 meg: Camera when a lot of the newer phones are having 8 meg: Still i.m.o. beats the I Phone for many things except for the size of the screen...The positive here though is it isn't so large to lug about.

Back