• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sat Starting XI ?

Leighite

Youth Team
Just got back from B&L and the only players over there were

Daryl, Gilbert, AB, Clarky, Kev, Macca, Gower, JCR, Harry and Hoops, oh and Collis.

Throw in another fullback (Cheese?) and we could have the team for Saturday. Anyway, you are unlikely to see them tinight at Chelmsford.

Clarky was scoring from all distances and my money will be on Hoops to score Saturday, he looks as sharp as a knife.

My bet is that Che will be playing tonight to get his match fitness up.

sorry i've re-read your thread. i think you are right and tonight i reckon it is up to hunt and che to convince tilly for the number 3 shirt

GK - FLAVS
RB - GILBERT
LB - HUNT
CB - BARRETT
CB - CLARKE
RM - JCR
LM - GOWER
CM - MAHER
CM - MACCA
CF - HARROLD
CF - HOOPER.

Thats what I reckon.

DtS

Disagree, think it is Harrold plus one other. Cant see Tilly not playing Matty after his goals in pre season.

This is what i think tilly will pick for saturday

Flavs

Gilbert (Beef Head)
Che
Barrett
Clarke

Gower
JCR
Maher
Mccormack

Bradbury
Harrold

but in my opinion hooper should start instead of harrold
and macdonald should start instead of bradbury

I don't think we'll see a Hooper/MacDonald partnership much this season. Both seem a bit similar, to me, and with two wingers we probably need at least one player in the side who can try to win a few headers (Bradbury, Harrold or Paynter presumably) rather than two midgets.

GK - FLAVS
RB - GILBERT
LB - HUNT
CB - BARRETT
CB - CLARKE
RM - JCR
LM - GOWER
CM - MAHER
CM - MACCA
CF - HARROLD
CF - HOOPER.

Thats what I reckon.

DtS
Very good team.

Flavs - Class keeper
Gilbert - Looks to be a very good right back
Barrett - Passion commitment and ability, fantastic at this level
Clarke - Also very good, Championship level player in my opinion, hopefully he can work well with Barrett.
Hunt - Mr versatile, a good asset for the squad, I thought he did well last year looked good defensively, and should be good for this level.
JCR - A menace, frustrating but a very good asset, should tear them apart.
Gower - A good creative outlet with a good goals ratio, another good player at this level
Maher - Captain fantastic, a Championship player in my opinion, reads the game so well, pinpoint passes and gets his foot in. Has also added goals to his game in the past season, he's finally learnt to pass it into the net.
McCormack - The terrier, fantastic defensively with his passion and commitment. Good going forward as he really drives it. Him and Maher will be a force to be reckoned with this season. With Bailey backing them up im really excited about this season
Harrold - Unsure, he's put the effort in and got goals in preseason, so I'm willing to give him a clean slate. Hopefully T&B see what we can't and he'll show it this season.
Hooper - Exciting player, I think he can be key this season, burst into the first team and make it his own. It's a lot to ask but that's my opinion

Collis - Very good 2nd string keeper, how long will he be happy for I wonder?
Hammell - When he's back first team for sure. He's very good going forward, but he does stand very square when defending and can get turned too easily.
Francis - Also very good going forward, but has lots of potential in defence too. He's still a bit dodgey in defence, but every so often he makes some amazing last ditch tackle and you remember how good he can be. If he becomes more reliable then he might be able to push Gilbert out of the team.
Foran - I like his passion, but where does passion stop and over the top aggression come in? He runs like he has a metal pole down his back but he could do well this season, good luck to the lad.
Cheese - I don't rate him, but I might be being too harsh. Hopefully T&B see something in him that I can't, as if it's just loyalty then that is a poor decision in my opinion.
Liptak - Haven't seen him play, he's tall and scored a looped header. Not bad for 3rd/4th choice.
Richards - Give him a week or two to dump his sister then he may start to show what he is capable of.
Bailey - Could do very well for us, comes with some good reviews like Clarke did, so if he doesn't show it to start with I'll give the lad some time to settle in before making a judgment.
Black - Has the potential to become a good player once again, has the raw ability and will provide good competition for Gower if he can stay fit.
Paynter - I think he can do well this season, this is his level the stats seem to say. I hope he can get a good run in the team, get some confidence and start banging them in. Easier said then done.
Bradders - Could do a good job for us this season, it just scares me that we have a striker who doesn't look likely to score more then 5 a season.
MaccyD - I don't know enough about him, but he could do very well for us this season, with a bit of hope.

Oh yeh, this is a starting 11 thread, not a rate our squad thread.

:thump:

I reckon:-

GK - FLAVS
RB - GILBERT
LB - BARRETT
CB - RICHARDS
CB - CLARKE
RM - JCR
LM - GOWER
CM - MAHER
CM - MACCA
CF - HARROLD
CF - HOOPER.

I'd also like to see Sir Adam at LB.

Starting 11:
GK - Flahavan
RB - Gilbert
LB - Barrett
CB - Richards
CB - Clarke
RM - Jcr
LM - Gower
CM - Maher
CM - Macca
CF - Bradbury
CF - Hooper.

Bench:
Collis
Hunt
Bailey
Black
Harrold

I would be against putting Richards into the team, as he isn't used to our style of play. When Clarke came in last year he hadn't a clue how to fit in, and it made him look really bad and didn't do his career here any good. Thankfully he turned it around.

I would be against putting Richards into the team, as he isn't used to our style of play. When Clarke came in last year he hadn't a clue how to fit in, and it made him look really bad and didn't do his career here any good. Thankfully he turned it around.

I think you're right there and Richards will be at Chelmsford tonight. I believe that the players I saw at B&L today will start, so AB and Clark at the back and Harrold and Hooper up front.

Back