• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Saturdays Game..

EastStandBlue

Life President
Is it at any risk to be called off?

The weather currently is Snow, Snow and More Snow... not helped by the strong winds. However its meant to warm up by noon, melting all the snow from today and the snow left from earlier in the week. All the excess water created by the snow will freeze overnight (-4 temperatures tonight, according the met office) and freeze the pitch...

Wouldn't normally be a problem, but our KO being brought forward till 1pm doesnt give the pitch much time to thaw...

I hope the game is off tomorrow to be honest.
With both Bournemouth & Blackpool having had their midweek games called off it gives them an advantage over us having made the long trip to Hartlepool as well as our current threadbare squad (although hopefully if we do have to play, Wednesday's 3 points will have eased any weary legs).

Don't think the game will be off, although it is bloody freezing cold this morning, the forecast is for the temparature to rise significantly.

It also depends on how the pitch holds up - a couple of years ago against Rusden & Diamonds all six goals were scored in front of the South Stand goal, as that part of the pitch was still like an ice-skating rink...

I heard the snow is due to thaw by tomorrow, so I presume the game will still be on.

Wouldn't complain if it was off though, as it's damn cold.

Having missed several of the recent games due to circumstances beyond my control I hope it's on.

Also I think we can use the midweek win as a springboard to better things.

Can't believe people hope the game is called off. Like fbm says we have finally won a game and confidence must be on the up for once. Anyway I am 100% sure the game will go ahead.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Fitter @ Dec. 30 2005,13:48)]Can't believe people hope the game is called off. Like fbm says we have finally won a game and confidence must be on the up for once. Anyway I am 100% sure the game will go ahead.
Anyone remember Mansfield at home last season? They'd had 10 days rest, we'd had 2 and lost 1-0. I want the game to go ahead....but I won't exactly be gutted of it doesn't.

There's no worries with the pitch freezing over tonight, temps will be well above freezing due to strong Southerly winds...

The only potential cause for the cancellation of tomorrows games would be due to a waterlogged pitch what with the snow melt and rain on top of that it could prove too much for the Roots Hall pitch....

But, our pitch is one of the best around for drainage and while many will struggle to get a game on in these conditions I fully expect our excellent pitch to drain suitably enough for a decent game to be played tomorrow afternoon.

Bring on another win.

smile.gif

Did anyone remeber on Weds afternoon that I wanted the Hartlepool game to be off as we are in an winless run plus players missing & I thought Hartlepool at their best would trash us but for Flahaven I would be right ...... Iam glad I was wrong.

I just hope the game is on & an win would do wonder for us.

People forget that an defeat for Swansea & Brentford & a draw for Huddersfield & an win for us would see us return to top of the league
biggrin.gif

I don't mind if Brentford win tomorrow long as we beat them on 14th Jan at home to return to top, I reckon with Brentford bringing 1'000 plus fans to Root-Hall & 10'000+ is on card, if we keep up our winning runs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Dec. 30 2005,13:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Fitter @ Dec. 30 2005,13:48)]Can't believe people hope the game is called off. Like fbm says we have finally won a game and confidence must be on the up for once. Anyway I am 100% sure the game will go ahead.
Anyone remember Mansfield at home last season? They'd had 10 days rest, we'd had 2 and lost 1-0. I want the game to go ahead....but I won't exactly be gutted of it doesn't.
Didnt we have a goal or 2 wrongfully disallowed and have like 2 minutes extra time when they were wasting time with throw ins for an hour?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Dec. 30 2005,16:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Dec. 30 2005,13:54)]
[b said:
Didnt we have a goal or 2 wrongfully disallowed and have like 2 minutes extra time when they were wasting time with throw ins for an hour?
Yep. The lino was a Pr ick!

Indeed - Lawrie Dudfield 'equalised' but it was ruled out for offside.

game is on tommorrow - just to let you all know, unless the weather drastically changes

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Dec. 30 2005,17:16)]Indeed - Lawrie Dudfield 'equalised' but it was ruled out for offside.
Dudfield's disallowed goal also enticed that bloke to jump over the wall in front of the East Stand and have a pop at the lino!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Dec. 30 2005,17:39)]game is on tommorrow - just to let you all know, unless the weather drastically changes
Got those shirts reprinted yet Steve?

Chris and Tom told me you love doing them...
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Clarky_Blues @ Dec. 30 2005,17:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Dec. 30 2005,17:16)]Indeed - Lawrie Dudfield 'equalised' but it was ruled out for offside.
Dudfield's disallowed goal also enticed that bloke to jump over the wall in front of the East Stand and have a pop at the lino!
Not saying it was the right thing to do, but sometimes. its just a rush of blood and you do some crazy things!

Back