• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Greebosan

Manager⭐
Read an article the other day claiming that the identity of Jack the Ripper has been confirmed at last.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-nailed-Britain-s-infamous-serial-killer.html

Sorry for the link - this is not the article I originally read, but I couldn't find it. There is a lot of debate as to the veracity of the claims, and I am uncertain (not having read the book) whether or not I believe the theory on the facts I have read. According to sceptics, the provenance of the shawl appears to be dubious, and other explanations can be found for the presence of DNA on it.

What do you think?

It's a fasinating subject and the basis for an never ending debate. Can't say I subscribe to Russell Edwards theory but it's still a theory. What I've read about Kosminski suggests that while in the asylum he was largely harmless and a FBI profiler by the name of John Douglas said that a paranoid individual such as him would have, more than likely, boasted about the murders while incarcerated but there are no record that he ever did so.

Frederick Abberline considered George Chapman to be the main suspect. He poisoned three wives and was hanged in 1903 for his crimes but many theorists think it wasn't him mainly because serial killers don't normally change their prefered method of killing.

I'm in the school of thought that thinks there were two people involved and they eluded capture through the use of a horse and carriage. I don't come down on the Royalist/Masonic theory [Prince Albert Victor was in Scotland at the time of two of the murders according to court records] but I'm not adverse to the notion that the coach could have had a crest on the side that would not have been stopped by the police.

It's our very own 'Loch Ness Monster' legend, just more plausible and a lot more gory. I don't think we will ever know who done it, but it's fun trying to guess who.

I listened to a Radio 4 article on this and the scientist who did the work said the evidence would not be accepted in a court of law.

Back