• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Sawyer 6 month Loan

I am so pleased, especially as there were all the rumours of him going to Div 1 rivals!!!

SZ to sponsor his shirt?!! PLEASE!!!!!

I wonder if the reception he got from us up at Chelsea when he was out kicking about at half time, helped him make up his mind to come back here. Sawyer is a Shrimper Sawyer is a shrimper la la la la ...magic.

Agree with pretty much everyone else here that this is very good business. Well done Southend. Now for a couple of defenders?

I looked at the squad earlier and we've now got 21 players. If we can get in two defenders then we'll be looking pretty good.

Jesus... for the last time we don't need a striker!

Barnard, Freedman, Laurent, Revell, Walker and Calver is more than enough!

It's about the quality not the quantity, that's why we got Robinson in on loan.

It's about the quality not the quantity, that's why we got Robinson in on loan.

We got Robinson in on loan because Laurent, Walker, Revell and Freedman were all injured. He stayed in the team quite deservedly but we have plenty of options and now that we have a midfielder who can create chances and drive us forward we wouldn't need Theo's pace as much anyway.

After the Leeds game plenty of people on here said that we had the best set of strikers in the division. We didn't, but we also don't have a bad set.

Macca on the wing - no way. He is a central midfielder and nothing else. I´d rather have Moussa/Grant/Sawyer on the wing. I´d probably start the season with Macca and Sawyer in the middle, Moussa on either wing then Grant and JFC on the bench or in defence if need be.

Macca has played wide on the right plenty of times and done a good job. He's a potent goal threat from that position. I'd worry about him playing alongside Sawyer as I think they'd both just try to run all over the place. Both need someone alongside them who can be the a bit disciplined and sit there allowing Sawyer/Macca to get forward.

JFC played CM against Wakering aswell.

With Sawyer now on board I'm thinking a 5 man midfield with JFC playing a holding role, Macca and Grant in the middle with Moussa and Sawyer either side.
Could see that working, Sawyer on the right wing has the ability to cause masses of trouble for opposing defences, our midfield is going to be very strong next season, all we need now is a Central Defender and a Left Back and we will have a fairly strong team going into next season! UTB!

I'd be pretty disappointed to see Sawyer playing anywhere other than in the middle. He'd be wasted on the right.

omg im sooo happy, i actually love sawyer. Such a immense player.

Has everyone forgot about walker i think him and barnard could be the pair up front like the playoff days!!

I love him too. As to your other suggestion - remember what happened in the playoff.

I love him too. As to your other suggestion - remember what happened in the playoff.

on the contrary it is high time to forget what happened in th playoff. remember orient and get behin the young lad like tilly wants us to.

Got a text about this news at work today from the only other 'active' Shrimper (as far as I know) down here in Kernow - 'Richie C' - and let out an irrepressible "YES!". The gals from the 'Rehab' team were non-plussed. I tried to explain, but you know what it's like.

This is indeed fantastic news. Only saw him play once - at Yeovil last October - but he was head and shoulders above anyone else in terms of quality and use of the ball, in difficult conditions to boot. JFC was a useful foil for him - he generally foiled anyone getting near him.

why why why have i only just seen this?!?!?!?!?

wooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :clap: :)

Fantastic move by the club!

Well done tilly..

Back