• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Scandinavians at game on Friday

Anyone notice there seemed to be loads of Scandanavian fans at the game on Friday?

There were a group in the Spread before the game, then I sold a fanzine to two very drunk Swedish blokes, and then three Norwegians were sitting behind me...there seemed to be Norwegians and Swedes everywhere.

Why so many, there's Nor-way this can be normal (I'll get my coat!)...

Maybe they want to invest some money in the club, sorry, no Swedish or Finnish jokes.

Have you Finnish(ed)?

Finns are classed as Nordic, but not Scandinavian :p

Back on topic, I'd hate to think that MK Dons (like several other Football League clubs) might now have a Nordic Supporter's Club. Surely they were all at Roots Hall to check out the place where Petter Belsvik strutted his stuff.

I thought I saw some flags at the game but, I wasn't sure as I did Abba few pints in the pub before the game.

Afterwards, we were a bit peckish so we went with the The Blue voice guy who plays the drums fornandos.

Here all week, coat, tip waitress etc etc...

Spoke to a Norwegian in the Spread before the game and he said that his son was going to be the mascot that night and they were off to see Chelsea on saturday.

Apparently there has been a rumour circulating in Scandinavia that there is a town in England where they serve hamburgers without onions. They just wanted to see if the rumour was true.

When I came over for the Leeds game(also on a Friday night)I was sat next to half a dozen lads over from Norway.They were also going to take in a game on Saturday(can't remember where)and Fulham v Everton on the Sunday.They'd booked their seats on the net(like me)and had clearly been to Blues games before as they had on scarves etc from previous seasons.
Maybe we're big in Norway or it's just they can catch a Friday night game at Roots Hall and then a game or two elsewhere in the same weekend,

Apparently there has been a rumour circulating in Scandinavia that there is a town in England where they serve hamburgers without onions. They just wanted to see if the rumour was true.

Too bloody right mate, i am sick of not getting a reply from the club on this, and i know my onions. I still don't see that onions are a bigger health and safety risk than the coffee they serve. UTB. It's probably Scandinavian coffee.

Back