• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scannell

blue vodka

Youth Team
I was just browsing the PFA transfer list and found that Scannell is listed on there, thought Tilly said new contract was almost there a few weeks back.
At this rate we will have no proven player at SUFC. We know the wage bill is to be reduced but you cant expect a whole team of young players to compete without a bit of help from a 'seasoned player'.

I dont blame any of the players for not wanting to stay no matter how they feel about the club at the end of the day we all work for money and we have been in the position where Ken's salary wasnt paid for a coupe of months, it puts alot of strain on you and those about you.

Its just looking worst each day, very difficult to to keep the faith but I am trying.

Maybe he rejected the contract offer. We all know what happens if you reject Rons offers.... remember a few years back when Francis, Clarke etc got dumped on the transfer list!!!

If it's the free transfer list then I think pretty much every player who is out of contract is on there. Efe Sodje and several others were on there when they were never going to be leaving their current Clubs.

If it's that list that he's on then I wouldn't worry too much. If it's the same list as AB & Mildenhall are on (open to offers) then yeah that appears to mean that he's transfer listed. Although as he's out of contract he doesn't need to go on the list anyway. He could just walk away.

Shock horror, Southend player in 'not wanting to play for Ron Martin' story.
Saying that be surprised if the Predator got another league club.

Same here. I'm not sure who'd want him. A dozen decent games in two and a half seasons is hardly going to make him in demand.

He could be just testing the water to see what interest is out there.

Every player out of contract is listed, it says 'Make an Enquiry' not 'Open to offers'!

I'd be surprised if he didn't sign for us! Let's hope!

Yeah but wasnt he 'close' to signing about 3 weeks ago. Same as the Moose. Lets face it the majority of players dont want to play for this club while Ron Martin is at the helm. And I dont blame them. By letting them down he has let the fans down.

Yeah but wasnt he 'close' to signing about 3 weeks ago. Same as the Moose. Lets face it the majority of players dont want to play for this club while Ron Martin is at the helm. And I dont blame them. By letting them down he has let the fans down.

True, that is the only bit of good news released by the club in the last 3 months.

More RM Spin?

Every player out of contract is listed, it says 'Make an Enquiry' not 'Open to offers'!

I'd be surprised if he didn't sign for us! Let's hope!

Yes, but he is listed as a 'free transfer' and no doubt he is at the lower end of our wage bill.
Therefore it wont be just Tilly who hopes he will stay.

He will probably prove to be a lot better than anyone else we are likely to attract on a 'free'.

Seems to me to be yet another player who see's 91 other clubs as a more attractive proposition!

Yes, but he is listed as a 'free transfer' and no doubt he is at the lower end of our wage bill.
Therefore it wont be just Tilly who hopes he will stay.

He will probably prove to be a lot better than anyone else we are likely to attract on a 'free'.

Seems to me to be yet another player who see's 91 other clubs as a more attractive proposition!

Scannell is 25 years old so can move on a Bosman Free Transfer at any time unless he decides to re-sign with us so the PFA website is correct in that he is available for free.

Who the hell will sign Scannell if he doesn't sign for us.

I'll give you a name who's career path you'll follow (downwards): Nicky Nicolau.

Did today's Echo story come from the 'revelation' about this on SZ yesterday? There really is an 'echo'... ho, ho, ho

Back