• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question School subject - RMT

We used to have a stupid one for Electronics at my school it was called 'Systems and Control Technology' I took it and if anyone would like me to do electrical work for them I wouldn't cause I got a 'G'!!

I was going to take that before I spotted that IT fell into the technology section. My tutor taught it, I distinctly recall my mum saying "This is your chance to dissuade [me] from taking this course." Her lack of faith is disturbing.

I always thought F stood for F'd Up?

FFS if it's woodwork why the bloody hell don't they say sodding woodwork?

Its supposed to make things sound better like key skills at college:

Application of Number - Maths

Communication Skills - English

Improving Own Learning - WTF!!

Doesn't RMT also cover metalwork and incorporate some ICT into it as well, which is why it has that broader name? All I know is that lower down the school it's a DT subject, and one of several specific areas you can take at GCSE. The exam should really be in D&T with a caveat referring to RMT.

A CV has just landed on my desk and in the GCSEs section there is a subject called 'RMT'.

Anyone know what that is? Of course, it was all English, Maths and History in my day etc etc etc.

He got a 'D' by the way.

Ask Bob Crow!

Last edited:
Back