• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scott Spencer

Shrimper Stu

Schoolboy⭐
I have been reading on here that Scott Spencer was yet to sign a new contract. I though I'd seen some time ago that he'd signed for another year and found this on the Echo website:

The striker signed on a free transfer last January after leaving Rochdale and has now put pen to paper on a year-long deal with the Blues.

“We’re obviously pleased that Scott will still be with us for next season,” added Tilson.

The article dates back to the 17th June and see no real reason to doubt it as there is a quote from Tilly.

Sorry if it's already been posted somewhere!

Link

See that's the problem. Tilly confirmed it, but there has been no "official" word from the club.

I'm sure he has. He's just waiting for the poxy embargo to clear like the other 10!!

Why would we need the embargo to be lifted to extend a contract?

He has signed or he wouldn't be playing.

Sturrock's not interested in the players that don't want to be here, the players we're playing are either already contracted to the club, signed a pre contract agreement or on trial.

Screech hasn't signed a pre contract agreement nor is he on trial so by a simple process of elimination you get your answer.

Not to mention I've spoken to Spencer twice now and twice he's told me that he has signed and "Can't wait for the new season".

Last edited:
Spoke to him Sunday and he said he's definitely staying (should make someone very happy!), I've thought for a while he'd signed so didn't actually specifically ask him that.

Yes Kay confirm he will be here next season and Roxy was pleased. Shame about the hair though.

I still don't see why they don't put a picture up on the OS with a pen in his hand.

It makes people happier.

He will be a key player for us next season, and expect him to start. He will score a fair few goals for us next season. He looked a yard and a half quicker with the ball at his feet, than most of the players out on the pitch (including Derby players).
I think he is a real star in the making.

I still don't see why they don't put a picture up on the OS with a pen in his hand.

It makes people happier.

He will be a key player for us next season, and expect him to start. He will score a fair few goals for us next season. He looked a yard and a half quicker with the ball at his feet, than most of the players out on the pitch (including Derby players).
I think he is a real star in the making.

I agree dave . I think maybe 15+ league goals beckon next season.

Just a quick 1 i spoke to Scott and he said he has NOT yet signed but said he doesn’t see there being a problem and he WILL be with us he also said he likes the Southend Area i can only assume its a case of getting things typed/processed but he didnt sound/seem to concerned so im not UTB

Just a quick 1 i spoke to Scott and he said he has NOT yet signed but said he doesn’t see there being a problem and he WILL be with us he also said he likes the Southend Area i can only assume its a case of getting things typed/processed but he didnt sound/seem to concerned so im not UTB

Just as I was saying.

Wait until it's confirmed on the OS people...

The clause in Spencer's contract was the same as Herd's he didn't have a say in extending it, the club activated the clause. Where's the picture of Herd signing ? There isn't one because he isn't signing a new contract, its extending his existing deal.

Back