• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What has happened to him? havent even heard his name mentioned on the southend website, or seen it on the bench, is he injured? or am i just blind and he has gone out on loan?

Just out of favour, like Paterson was before the Barnet game. Unfortunately can't see Spencer having a future at the club, can see him going out on loan soon and leaving in January. Shame, as showed a lot of potential and scored goals at a higher level last season. Maybe his attitude just isn't up to scratch, pleased Paterson took his chance on Tuesday as would have been a real bummer to lose him and Spencer, i think i can live with Paterson staying and Spencer going, no better than what we've got.

Last edited:
Very disappointed that Screech has not been given a proper opportunity to stake his claim. Screech almost single handedly pulled us out of the mire last season with some very good performances and a clutch of goals. If he can score goals at league 1 level, then I would think he can score goals at league 2 level.

As I understand he's quite a 'free spirit' and a really well liked individual. I understand that PS doesn't speak to him and he and TW don't see eye to eye, therefore I think he will be gone as soon as he secures a club. He will I am sure find himself a club closer to his Manchester home, with Bradford and Stockport probably on the plot.

Basically not good enough so far. Coor has done a good job, Sturrock is a bit hit and miss but has played well IMHO, Patterson has scored twice recently so that ehlps him, Jarvis and The Donny Guy both ahead of him too.....Looks bleak for Spencer...

The OS said earlier that if Corr and Sturrock miss out tomorrow then Jarvis, Paterson, Crawford and the new guy will compete for a game up front. That said it all. I doubt we'll see him again.

Out of interest anyone know his goals per game ratio?
From what i've seen he scored goals you would expect any striker to score but not really created them out of nothing like a striker would with that 'little bit extra'

Out of interest anyone know his goals per game ratio?
From what i've seen he scored goals you would expect any striker to score but not really created them out of nothing like a striker would with that 'little bit extra'

I think his goal at Huddersfield away was a bit out the norm but I agree with your general point...

Back