• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scrap cars

The General

The Mouse (*)
Got a M reg Rover Kensington Rover 100 which needs scrapping and the WAG wants some cash for it after it was written off by the insurance company.

Any suggestions for a good company that someone has used in the past!?

Thanking you,

Kev

theres a scrap in benfleet industrial estate. not sure how much they would give you for it though.

Last edited:
I thought for a moment Kev had gone all green and was proposing banning cars.

There's a company in Tottenham that pay £110 for anything driven in. Think I saw the ad' in Autotrader.

Kev, you have a choice of Vanguard or Purdey's estate in Rochford, either way you need to get a certificate of destruction before scrapping the car. Also it seems Vanguard Way is a registered centre for the new recycling directive.

Its now all sorted but thank you all anyway!

Kev

Bit of an unconventional solution tho matey!

med_air_car.jpg

There's a company in Tottenham that pay £110 for anything driven in. Think I saw the ad' in Autotrader.

That would be Brantwoods. Not true im afraid.

Best price would be Benfleet Scrap. For a Rover 100 im guessing around the £90.00 mark. Drive it in or failing that theres plenty who will pick it up who advertise in the Echo.

Its now all sorted but thank you all anyway!

Kev

How much did you get??

Price of scrap metal keeps on going up. Only 3 years ago you had to pay them to take your scrap car away, now some are offering £150.

I guess the price of lead is going up as well, hence loads of it being stolen from school & church roofs.

I guess the price of lead is going up as well, hence loads of it being stolen from school & church roofs.

You don't see anything being stolen from the roofs of mosques, perhaps that is signifcant?

I am not religious but if I was going to choose a religion I would wan't one that could at least keep a roof over the top of its places of worship.

Cheers.

Back