• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cant give this Clohessy enough praise. Has been outstanding for us and not just that he keeps improving every year. Deserves to be playing at a higher level next season.

For what its worth I thought he was excellent against Orient. Dogged, tenacious, supports the attack well and his overlapping run to set up the goal.

Reminded me of Andrew Whing. I'd love Orient to sign him. Maybe £20,000 waved under Ronnie's nose, except we haven't actually bought for a player since 2008.

I also think Lincoln Shrimp is correct. I seem to think that Sean was on his way to another (non-league) club when Widdrington stepped in and Sean was able to unscramble that deal and sign for us. What happened to TW? His departure was quite hushed up if I recall correctly.

Anyway, nothing must detract from SC's really remarkable consistency in terms of fitness and performance. Take an extended bow young man, you deserve it. How they must gnash their teeth at The Priestfield

Yes i think your right.Widdrington managed Sean at Sailsbury and would have faced Hall when he played for Bromley in blue square south.I see Hall play for Bromley season before we signed him and he looked a class apart.

Widdrington claims credit for Hall, Clohessy, Soares, Phillips, Simpson and Prosser.

I also think Lincoln Shrimp is correct. I seem to think that Sean was on his way to another (non-league) club when Widdrington stepped in and Sean was able to unscramble that deal and sign for us. What happened to TW? His departure was quite hushed up if I recall correctly.

Anyway, nothing must detract from SC's really remarkable consistency in terms of fitness and performance. Take an extended bow young man, you deserve it. How they must gnash their teeth at The Priestfield

He's manager at Eastbourne. His son did well at Britains Got Talent last year.

Widdrington claims credit for Hall, Clohessy, Soares, Phillips, Simpson and Prosser.

:unsure:

Where/when did he claim the credit for these? Phillips seems as odd one as the rest could be some non-league connection.

:unsure:

Where/when did he claim the credit for these? Phillips seems as odd one as the rest could be some non-league connection.

He replied to a tweet of mine.

“@prnapper: @TommyWidd Tommyquick question- did u recommend Clohessy to Southend?” Clohessy, Phillips, Prosser, Soares, Simpson #getthejist

“@prnapper: @TommyWidd Ah cheers - some great players there. Good luck at Eastbourne!” Forgot to mention Hall too ;-)

Top signing and probably our best right back of the last 10 years. Head and shoulders above Jupp (sorry Juppy) and Simon Francis. Hope we get him signed up on a longer contract pronto!

Impossible. Any player that when playing for Basingstoke against Chelmsford who runs over to Geoff King when Basingstoke score a last-minute winner, and fires off an expletive-filled mouthful directed at King about him being fat and glorying in being a former Southend player, gets #1 legend status.

Back