• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

“We’re surprised by Sean’s comments because we were in negotiations with his agent for several months,” said a club spokesman.

“Verbal and written offers were made but were both turned down.”

Now either Sean's not being honest, or his agent wasn't telling him about all the correspondence with Southend. As the agent stands to gain financially out of a move by negotiating a bigger salary for Sean, of which he gets a percentage, then I suspect the agent. Especially as Sean was expected to go to a Division One club, or even a Championship club.

John white=better defender.........good luck in Kilmarnock

After 2 league games Ill reserve judgement.

Clohessey is still for me the best full back we have had in many years so if White is better than him we have some player.

After 2 league games Ill reserve judgement.

Clohessey is still for me the best full back we have had in many years so if White is better than him we have some player.

I agree mostly. Sean was excellent for us no doubt. White just seems to defend and read the game a tad better. Not a patch on sean going forward though.

My last boss was a Gills fan. He told me that Sean got too big for his boots there and ended up in non-league as a result.

Last edited:
Shame to see that this little incident seems to be souring his relationship with the fans. Personally I still wish him well.

Shame to see that this little incident seems to be souring his relationship with the fans. Personally I still wish him well.

Indeed. I think he was probably badly advised, however he was quality for us - ever present, consistent and one of the best RB's in L2. Good luck Sean.

Indeed. I think he was probably badly advised, however he was quality for us - ever present, consistent and one of the best RB's in L2. Good luck Sean.

Whilst I like White I still think it is a shame that Clohessy moved on. We seem to have an almost constant churn of players and although he played for 3 years I can bet that I will be saying "who, oh yes, I remember" in a few years time where as names such as Crown, Butler, Scully, Westley are easily remembered.

If only he (Clohessy) had played for a couple of more years and helped us on to Division 3.

Funny thing is, although we all thought SC was capable of playing at a higher level, I think we'd all agree that people in the game i.e. managers, coaches, scouts etc generally know more than we do about a players true capabilities & attitude etc. And if no club above L2 were prepared to make him an offer, that tells you something.

I dont much care about the whos and whys and d'you mind if i donts. Sean was great for us, and was crucial in PS's first season of keeping our little broke club in the football league in that desperate season. I cant begrudge him a move after three seasons in league 2 and giving his all and not getting promotion.

Seems like a case of a bad agent/advisor to me. How the agent didnt find him a southern league 1 club I'll never know. All the best to him, although I feel that kilmarnock isnt perhaps the dream move he might have aspired to.

I didn't think he would be quite the loss people made out.

He was, ultimately, a good solid league 2 full back, hardly RVP.

I wish him all the best, but I think he got a bit big for his boots because of all the praise we heaped on him!

I didn't think he would be quite the loss people made out.

He was, ultimately, a good solid league 2 full back, hardly RVP.

I wish him all the best, but I think he got a bit big for his boots because of all the praise we heaped on him!

What is a "RVP"? Something Versatile Player is the best I can guess at. :stunned:

What am I missing? Sean Clohessey has signed for Kilmarnock hasn't he? Surely not Man U or is he (Sean) being swopped for "RVP" plus some cash or something?

Back