• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Like I said, he must be cr@pping himself right now, as football season starting in 48 hours time and he haven't got a club yet. Think he will end up at like of Luton.

Like I said, he must be cr@pping himself right now, as football season starting in 48 hours time and he haven't got a club yet. Think he will end up at like of Luton.

Exactly what I said. Him and Dave Martin can link up.

Exactly what I said. Him and Dave Martin can link up.

i liked Dave Martin , but when Sean left i knew he was looking at a side ways move , so i knew when he said "i wouldn't ask to leave" that he was blatantly trying to punch above his weight or just leave the club .

would i have him back ? Nope ! :hilarious: , silly *******

Shame great player, stupid decision by him rejecting us before he had something lined up.

Has he been on trial anywhere?

Luton can afford him anyway, and its be easier to do well Vs the like of Hyde, Tamworth & Nuneaton etc than taking on Portsmouth, Chesterfield & Northampton :p

Shame great player, stupid decision by him rejecting us before he had something lined up.

Has he been on trial anywhere?

yh Ipswich and MK Dons but they both went for other options , Sean needs to sack his agent :hilarious: silly little person

If I was a player and almost out of contract in two month time, I would make sure I have 2 or 3 club lined up, if failing that, sign a new deal with the current club again to rest my mind. He failed to do either!

yh Ipswich and MK Dons but they both went for other options , Sean needs to sack his agent :hilarious: silly little person

Bit harsh on him. He was here for 3 years and did very well, then teams from the leagues above come knocking and you expect him to say no?

At least he left with dignity unlike several other players.

The so called team did come knocking hasn't they? If they did, he would be preparing for tomorrow match with his new club by now, instead of sitting at home going through the sky sports new and latest score on TV!

Really disappointing and confusing situation.
Great player who served us well, but a really poor decision.
Deserves our respect, but just seemed at the time and more so now, to be a really arrogant way to behave: certainly paying for it now.
Why "arrogant"? I didn't/don't see any arrogance in his decision/attitude. He felt (probably rightly if he wanted to prove himself at a higher level) that it was time to move on, he's not slagged Southend off, moaned about late payment of wages or anything.

Why "arrogant"? I didn't/don't see any arrogance in his decision/attitude. He felt (probably rightly if he wanted to prove himself at a higher level) that it was time to move on, he's not slagged Southend off, moaned about late payment of wages or anything.

What the old lady says .....

Trouble is didn't similar happen when he was at Gillingham.
Agent should have got a new deal with Blues done a year ago- these days if a player wants to leave a contract means not a lot- he could have been here during the summer, another year in the bag and if someone comes along then they come along
These days letting your contract run out when you are a L2 is risky
Still think he will get fixed up in the next couple of weeks- but it will probably be a L2 club and not at the wages he hoped for- looking at all the signings we are now making maybe he will have regrets, maybe he wont. However, did well for us so wishing him the best

Would love to know the ins and outs of this whole story, seems very strange to me that he hasn't signed for anyone yet.

Would have loved for him to sign up for another season but it was decision to leave so I wouldn't have him back now.

Totally agree with O.B.L., only if he does not find a club I would have him back, why not!

Bit harsh on him. He was here for 3 years and did very well, then teams from the leagues above come knocking and you expect him to say no?

At least he left with dignity unlike several other players.

Hes done a Peter Odemwingie ... but without a contract :hilarious: , great player and totally left with the right attitude . but he needs to sack hes agent . its been a complete tits up .
[h=3]Do i respect him ? , well if he plays against us next season , im sure i will one of many who will clap him . any member who was part of the team that (lets face it) kept Southend United alive over the last 3 years will always be liked .[/h]

Back