• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2022-23 Season Cards - credit card sales now open on OS

The bloke must have a full on diary of work needing moving forward, pdq.
I have been told (by a knowledgeable, respected fan) that the stadium is a right mess, seats, terraces, turnstiles, anti-rooms etc AND will need a huge effort to get ready.
I don't recall David Jobson being replaced as Stadium Manager and presume lots of maintenance staff have been furloughed?
Will there be a rallying call for volunteers? I'm "up" for that!

Excellent, great to see him cracking on and hopefully he'll come up with something to tempt the 'maybes' through the turnstiles. Good luck Tom! The fightback starts now!

Really? It looks to me like he spent the day wandering around taking photos.

Last edited:
The bloke must have a full on diary of work needing moving forward, pdq.
I have been told (by a knowledgeable, respected fan) that the stadium is a right mess, seats, terraces, turnstiles, anti-rooms etc AND will need a huge effort to get ready.
I don't recall David Jobson being replaced as Stadium Manager and presume lots of maintenance staff have been furloughed?
Will there be a rallying call for volunteers? I'm "up" for that!

Has this been discussed with the supporter groups and club?

If the stadium is in poor condition then I'm sure there will be a handful of supporters who would be more than happy to help.

However, I'm sure the club would need more professional people for some jobs!

If the stadium is in poor condition then I'm sure there will be a handful of supporters who would be more than happy to help.

I'd love to be a fly on the crumbling wall when the health and safety police do their anual head shaking visit.

For sure, although cleaning seagull pooh etc off seats isn't too skilled, nor pulling weeds from the areas of old terrace in north and west stands. The paint skill level would appear to be slap it on, rather than precision.
And the Old Girl has only got to last a few seasons until FF?

For sure, although cleaning seagull pooh etc off seats isn't too skilled, nor pulling weeds from the areas of old terrace in north and west stands. The paint skill level would appear to be slap it on, rather than precision.

I'm dreading leaving roots hall but she has had her day and it's difficult to swallow the state of decay.

It would cost several million to get roots hall remotely close to being usable.

I doubt Ron ever envisaged trying to keep RH open for so long.

Is that anyway to talk about OBL :Cool::Smile:

Yeah but 2000 paid for season tickets and got 2 games so those 2000 including me won’t have to pay more than £25 to renew I reckon

Yeah but 2000 paid for season tickets and got 2 games so those 2000 including me won’t have to pay more than £25 to renew I reckon
Yes why not...let’s slash the playing budget by 80 %and go part time- I am sure the conference south will match your expectations perfectly...

Let's no forget we also have one less game to play next season to factor in.

Well it was your choice to buy a season ticket before it was clear whether you could attend games, my sympathy for this is very similar to people in Portugal pulling compo face.

Anything on this in zoom meeting?

Yes, it was mentioned on the Zoom. Will be on sale next week and Ron said that it will be cheaper than some other National league sides. He suggested that they are keen to get the fans back through the turnstiles. Will also be a comms on previous years season tickets.

Back