• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season cards for next season

Renew or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Whether we dig an escape tunnel and stay in FL2:Highfive:, or if we do drop to the National League:Sad:, will you be renewing your season card next season? This poll is open until May and you can change your vote up to that date.

Yes for me, i figure price will be similar maybe a little cheaper but not a lot. Basing this on Barnet charging 21 per adult on a match by match basis

It will have to be a much lower price to match the lower standard we've been putting out.

I won't be lining Ron's pockets again like I did this season in the hope the embargo could get cleared ASAP and we could get going.

It's League football or nothing for me Sorry but Im absolutely amazed at the glee some of the posters on here seem to have to visit small towns and tin pot stadia and to feel like a big club. The reality check is the club will virtually disappear off the national radar, and the towns youngsters already swayed by the London clubs will not want to been seen dead in a mickey mouse club shirt. Every season that goes by out of the league will hit the young future support
No more big games with large away support which you spend all week looking forward but the excitement of the visits of Solihull Moors and Wealdstone to wet your appetite
As for RH will it even be cost effective or necessary to open all sides to the ground.

It's League football or nothing for me Sorry but Im absolutely amazed at the glee some of the posters on here seem to have to visit small towns and tin pot stadia and to feel like a big club. The reality check is the club will virtually disappear off the national radar, and the towns youngsters already swayed by the London clubs will not want to been seen dead in a mickey mouse club shirt. Every season that goes by out of the league will hit the young future support
No more big games with large away support which you spend all week looking forward but the excitement of the visits of Solihull Moors and Wealdstone to wet your appetite
As for RH will it even be cost effective or necessary to open all sides to the ground.

I see you are a glass half empty type person.

Many teams have come back much stronger.

Lincoln, Oxford, Orient, Bristol rovers, Doncaster etc etc.

No reason why we cant too.

Supporting Southend isn't easy and never has been but for me personally, I'd still support the club in the Burrough combinations league.

All depends on the price, also bit worried if we go down that Roots Hall won't 'pass' the safety standards.

If i don't renew what else am I going to do on a Saturday afternoon, DIY??? Gardening??? Spending time with the Family???

I've done what feels like a lifetime of that whilst in Lockdown.

I can't wait to get back to the Hall. Been a long time since i sat on a plastic seat and watched 22 blokes kick a ball around a pitch.

I tried to replicate in the garden with a garden chair and iFollow during the summer last year, but I had too much leg room, and I was able to stretch my arms. Just didn't feel the same (although a microwaved Rustlers burger is a pretty close much to the fare dished up from the kiosks)

I see you are a glass half empty type person.

Many teams have come back much stronger.

Lincoln, Oxford, Orient, Bristol rovers, Doncaster etc etc.

No reason why we cant too.

Supporting Southend isn't easy and never has been but for me personally, I'd still support the club in the Burrough combinations league.
Not long to wait then.

The bigger issue for me isn't what division we'll be in but whether we'll be allowed back into the ground.

The season ticket this season was ridiculously poor value: it would have been way cheaper to have purchased individual games passes. The club's made no attempt at ensuring season ticket holders got any value - eg throwing in away games/cup games, a new shirt etc. I know times are tough financially but would it have been that hard to do a little something to say thank you for our support and show we're appreciated? It seems shortsighted when they are going to need our support more than ever in non-league next season.

My first concern will be if Ron is able to pay the membership fee for the season. If not, that's two more relegations.

The bigger issue for me isn't what division we'll be in but whether we'll be allowed back into the ground.

The season ticket this season was ridiculously poor value: it would have been way cheaper to have purchased individual games passes. The club's made no attempt at ensuring season ticket holders got any value - eg throwing in away games/cup games, a new shirt etc. I know times are tough financially but would it have been that hard to do a little something to say thank you for our support and show we're appreciated? It seems shortsighted when they are going to need our support more than ever in non-league next season.
I think that depends on age Yorkie. 23 games at a tenner a time - £230. That's the same price as a seniors season card for 20/21 and if you took the credit owed (I did) it was £171.

Back