• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

season cards

Cinderella

I have been having the same trouble with my season card with it not working at the Orient game and again at the Millwall game, such a dissapointment, i called the ticket office and i was shouting at the ticket office and asked them if they had my correct details to call me once it had been done, only to find they still had my old phone number and email, i kicked off! :fury:
Once o the phone mum reminded me that they can only contact me if they have the correct contact details (i would so much prefer them to contact me via email or my mobile) but if i haven't given them the correct info how are they supposed to get in touch, i reckon everyone should give the ticket office these datails asap

Mum also made me think about turning the tables a bit. What if there had been a genuine computer error and the ticket office are telling the truth and doing all they can to help? we're giving them more agro than they need.............................................. ... Plus its not there fault, they probally still using windows 95! without the funding how can they get all the up to date computer software they need for that place to work better (i certainly wouldn't work there). They say they are using a system called tickets.com whereas all the top clubs use ticket master (which dont actualy involve buying tickets from the actual ticket office). They have old crappy ticket printers2.

after thinking about it that way i actually start to feel sorry for the ticket office. We dont expect to get crap but thats all they recieve.

Get your details updated is my best efforts to help them.:)

In all fairness to them, I had trouble with my season ticket last season, and handed it in, only to be met with polite service, and as promised a telephone was made to me to collect or send, I went to the office and received my ticket and it worked fine, will admit for The Arnham game I purchased a ticket for South Upper and it didnot go through the turnstile, again thats not the ticket office fault especially the girls and guys working in there.

Before anyone states I work for the club, the only association I have had with the club is 35 years as a supporter, and yes I have had problems in the past, not with the staff, but their admin, and I am afraid they cannot be blamed for the poor tools they use, frustrating I know, but at the end of the day, the people would rather have a system working 100 % than people abusing them either on the phone in person

Anyway back to the main topic now, Flavs or Collis, Tilson in or out :) :)

after thinking about it that way i actually start to feel sorry for the ticket office. We dont expect to get crap but thats all they recieve.

I dont Im afraid, they are there to provide a service and its not a very good one for whatever reason.

The issue with season cards not working was bad as it was, the fact it was the second year running was even worse.

Someone must manage the ticket office and system and they arent doing it very well.

It needs to get better especially for the new ground.

PS Flavs, Tilson in.

is strange that whilst everyone is having a go at the office someone new joins and says that we should leave off of them :rolleyes:
There will be another one of these threads in a minute posted by "Steve T" saying "I was at the Brighton game and I was very dissopointed. Why dont we bring on subs earlier. Then my mum told me to turn the tables. Imagine how hard it must be being Southend manager. Maybe Tilson has faith in our back 5 and thinks it will come good soon. After thinking about it I began to feel sorry for Steve Tilson. We dont expect crap but thats all he recieves.

I have been having the same trouble with my season card with it not working at the Orient game and again at the Millwall game, such a dissapointment, i called the ticket office and i was shouting at the ticket office and asked them if they had my correct details to call me once it had been done, only to find they still had my old phone number and email, i kicked off! :fury:
Once o the phone mum reminded me that they can only contact me if they have the correct contact details (i would so much prefer them to contact me via email or my mobile) but if i haven't given them the correct info how are they supposed to get in touch, i reckon everyone should give the ticket office these datails asap

Mum also made me think about turning the tables a bit. What if there had been a genuine computer error and the ticket office are telling the truth and doing all they can to help? we're giving them more agro than they need.............................................. ... Plus its not there fault, they probally still using windows 95! without the funding how can they get all the up to date computer software they need for that place to work better (i certainly wouldn't work there). They say they are using a system called tickets.com whereas all the top clubs use ticket master (which dont actualy involve buying tickets from the actual ticket office). They have old crappy ticket printers2.

Get your details updated is my best efforts to help them.:)

I would have thought the name of the poster would have given the game away - fairy stories were getting here.

Certainly, in my instance, the ticket office staff are praised when they do a great job or are subjected to unnecessary rudeness. They are, however, ultimately responsible for all ticketing issues and when things go wrong deserve all the constructive criticism they get.

This dreadful attempt by a member of the ticket office staff to pose as a paying punter desrves all the derision and contempt it's getting. If the ticket office are underfunded perhaps they should ask for a cut of the £250,000 JCR fee, or the £1.5m Freddy fee, as that will not be used for a while?

i didnt join before now as i didnt know about this sight.

i live in Spain
and although i followed the team i didn't get the chance to sign up to sights and only have the occasional chance to go to games.

you live in spain but you have a season card? that is one hell of a ****ing matchday journey

i live in Spain
and although i followed the team i didn't get the chance to sign up to sights and only have the occasional chance to go to games.

You live in Spain but have a season ticket but only go to occassional games?

Edit: Curse you JoshC for saying it first...

I dont Im afraid, they are there to provide a service and its not a very good one for whatever reason.

The issue with season cards not working was bad as it was, the fact it was the second year running was even worse.

Someone must manage the ticket office and system and they arent doing it very well.

It needs to get better especially for the new ground.

PS Flavs, Tilson in.

with regard to management dont you think they are trying to do their best, there system they use is probally owned by someone else and the ticket office not at fault. no need to stab them in the back

with regard to management dont you think they are trying to do their best, there system they use is probally owned by someone else and the ticket office not at fault. no need to stab them in the back

Someone is in charge, its their responsibility to provide a decent service.

I wish I was allowed to "just do my best" and not worry about the end product!

Cinderella,

With the greatest respect for the ticket office who nine times out of ten do a very decent job with limited resources and with sometimes unreasonable customers, you may well be digging yourself a bit of a hole here and doing yourself and your colleagues more harm than good.

What started today with a light-hearted poll about an amusing phone-call has now led to a Spanish-resident, regular attendee and season-ticket holder being cautioned by a very-well-informed mum about the running of the club shop, and a spat about racist, Shreaded Wheat eating tobacconists. As you can see. none of it is serious and most of it is tongue-in-cheek.

In truth, the ticket office staff are generally well respected by most on here and any slatings they receive are often challenged by many of the posters. When you're in a hole, it's often time to stop digging.

Last edited:
You live in Spain but have a season ticket but only go to occassional games?

When i came over i purchased it and i fly back for every game, i only live in Mallorca so the flight isnt long and cheap with easyjet and ryanair

When i came over i purchased it and i fly back for every game, i only live in Mallorca so the flight isnt long and cheap with easyjet and ryanair

If thats true good on you, but being the cynical sort this all sounds rather fishy......

Back