• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SEASON SO FAR!

yeovil fanzine

just a few replies from you please on how your season is going so far!

Looking forward to seeing you next Saturday and it would be nice to get few comments to go in our fanzine "On To Victory"  which is launched on the day!

Cheers James
smile.gif

OH - MY - GOD!!! I wasn't one of the many who thought back in August that survival in this division would signal a successful season, but I never expected us to be top of the league at the end of January! We're all on a bit of a high at the moment, hoping it never ends.... We're playing well, and are impressed by our new signing, a lad called Efe, have you heard of him...?

biggrin.gif

I feel like I am living last season over again - from the shaky start to the sense of disbelief when I check the league table. Other fans seem more confident about us going up than we do... the ingrained Shrimper pessimism. It is a very special time to be a Southend Fan!
smile.gif

good luck with the new fanzine and thanks to the Yeovil boys who supported us at The Millenium Stadium, that was much appreciated. This season is just like a great dream to be honest , top going into February with the 2nd smallest but HUNGRIEST squad in the division a great Management team and playing some really entertaining footy as you boys will testify , ie the 4-1 earlier this season at Roots Hall ( our 1 st league win over you ) . Good luck for the season and enjoy your football

I went into this season thinking we would do well not to get relegated. I'm absolutely amazed and delighted with how everything's gone so far. The emotional rollercoaster has been immense - the dodgy start was worrying, then the 8 wins raised our hopes - only to be dashed as we looked like relegation fodder throughout November and the beginning of December. The christmas period finally saw us back to form and the performance against Brentford made me believe that perhaps we could be promoted.

Many people have said it's like a dream - well it is, I look at the table and I struggle to believe it's happening. I hope beyond hope that we can finish off another promotion.... but in the meantime I'm gonna enjoy this while it lasts
biggrin.gif

This season gave me a reason to spend 40 quid on a blues shirt, my first footie shirt after englands! The lads love football and work hard for each other. Great management, quality players playing at there near peak, its a wonderful time for us shrimps.

This season has got better and better. Consistency, a strong defence and the ability to score from all areas have been the keys to success.

many thanks for your replies...it's great to hear such enthusiam...hopefully we will cause you some problems on Saturday. If you see any of us selling On To Victory..come and say hello.

If you havent been before come up to the Arrow pub for a friendly drink...you'll be welcome, cheers James

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prittlewellshrimper @ Jan. 29 2006,15:22)]good luck with the new fanzine and thanks to the Yeovil boys who supported us at The Millenium Stadium, that was much appreciated.
Prittlewellshrimper is spot on, it was appreciated. I think that there has always been goodwill between our clubs, long may it continue (even if we have finally taken some points off you!).

very suprised at how well we have done so far. Very disapointed at the standard of the league. To be honest i cant really see a big differance between the two bottom divisions. I think that a lot of our success is down to the fact that we have a small squad which has hardley changed over the last two seasons. Where other teams have propped their squads up with loan signings, we havent. Therefore when we got promoted it was the same players who knew each others strengths and weakneses and working very much as a team together.

Back