• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Second Test

C C Csiders

Life President
On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the
Glenn McGrath ruled out of Second Ashes Test after a freak injury during the warm up. What a shame
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Aug. 04 2005,10:05)]Glenn McGrath ruled out of Second Ashes Test after a freak injury during the warm up. What a shame
tounge.gif
Oh dear, how sad, never mind.
Ponting won the toss and asked England to bat.

Batting first I, unfortunatley, sniff disaster. The wicket is apparently very green to match the Aussies caps. Just as well McGrath is crocked.

Why is Giles playing on a green top? I can only assume because those responsible for selction on the morning of a match are making a point.

My prediction England 145-155 all out.
sad.gif

You pessimist Csider, though you could be right. I do think England will make a better fist of this time with the bat so I am going for 300+ without McGrath.

If the sunshines it will dry out and then a variation of attack could help us if the convicts are chasing a score on day 5.

Says he hopefully.

17-0 off 3 overs

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Aug. 04 2005,10:47)]You pessimist Csider, though you could be right. I do think England will make a better fist of this time with the bat so I am going for 300+ without McGrath.

If the sunshines it will dry out and then a variation of attack could help us if the convicts are chasing a score on day 5.

Says he hopefully.

17-0 off 3 overs
I just hope I got slated on here come Sunday or Monday when we have made 450+ and then Giles takes 7-56 as we win by 200 runs.

pitch not doing as much as ponting hoped.. hopefully he was fooled by the cuning bluff sold to him by the groundsman earlier this week

And then chubby Shane takes his first wicket...

sad.gif

Strauss out for 48 (shame for him not to make his half ton)... 112/1. Vaughan in. Big knock needed - especially with McGrath out of the picture.

Matt

132-1 at lunch. Trescothick 77*. Ignore my previous post - I quite obviously know nothing (unless we lose 9 wickets for 23 runs).

Should now be looking at well in excess of 300 by close, even with say 5 down that is very acceptable given that squinty-eyed Ponting put us in. Go on the boys.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 04 2005,12:26)]And then chubby Shane takes his first wicket...

sad.gif

Strauss out for 48 (shame for him not to make his half ton)... 112/1.  Vaughan in.  Big knock needed - especially with McGrath out of the picture.

Matt
"Opens mouth to change feet"

Only a 20 minute or so slot on TMS and then the pillock is shunted out for an hour.

Great scoring rate by England so far.

Will Bell go in at 4 or Pietersen?

Back