• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Second Test

Hoggard hit Warne for 4, and then Simon Jones has just thumped Gillespie for 6... get in!!

402/9 - superb wagging of the tail!

smile.gif

This is already an amazing Test. We've seen:

*the highest score by a side which has been sent in
*ten 6s
*the first time (?) England has scored 400 against Aussies on the first day of a test...

smile.gif

407 all out - and it's now stumps as it has started to rain at Egbaston. Superb performance by England - an extraordinary day of cricket.

Matt

Oops. Australia have lost a wicket already - Hayden out for a duck! 0-1!

Australia ominously move onto 52-1 at the end of the 11th.

I'm very concerned about the run-rate. England need to bore them out.

Ponting seems to be in good form, he's smashing the England bowlers all over the place. We need to slow the pace down a bit, we really need to take a lead into our second innings

The Wheelie Bin is being very annoying... keeping it tight for all bar one ball an over, which Ponting is merrily crashing to the boundary rope.

That's not how you build up pressure, Ashley.

sad.gif

Aus 87/1 (again, at almost 5 an over), Ponting in ominously good form with 61 runs off 68 deliveries.

Matt

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Excellent - 89/2; the Wheelie Bin has stuffed that down my throat by snaring Ponting's wicket for 61, a hugely important scalp that.  Well played Ashley Giles! (and perhaps a slice of humble pie to be delivered my way by HK Blue at some point, no doubt...)

suspect.gif

Ponting's departure brings in Damien Martyn... blimey, they can bat a bit can't they, these Aussies...

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 05 2005,12:08)]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Excellent - 89/2; the Wheelie Bin has stuffed that down my throat by snaring Ponting's wicket for 61, a hugely important scalp that.  Well played Ashley Giles! (and perhaps a slice of humble pie to be delivered my way by HK Blue at some point, no doubt...)

suspect.gif

Ponting's departure brings in Damien Martyn... blimey, they can bat a bit can't they, these Aussies...

wow.gif
laugh.gif

Well done Ashley Giles, that is a massive wicket picking up a well set batsman.

However like 11 overs doesn't make him a bad bowler, one wicket doesn't make him a good bowler, he should still be judged on his overall substantial contribution to the team over the last 18 months or so.

ps Another wicket or two before lunch would be most welcome.

Incredible in a test match that the scoring is still around 5 an over. Move over Sir Geoffrey.

Flintoff & Giles do seem to have applied a bit of a brake. One more before lunch please.

Did you ask for that before or after the run out!

In which case sir, kindly request another one just after lunch!

I think this half an hour before tea is going to be match defining. If England can pick up a wicket or two it will put them in the driving seat, but if Australia can survive it, they'll be in control.

NIce, just got in from the Opticians and we just take another wicket to go 208/5... not looking too bad so far

According to cricinfo Langer just edged Giles wide of slip for 4.

C'mon England, we need one more wicket before tea.

219-5 at tea, a lead of 188. Wishful thinking probably but it'd be good if we can bowl 'em out for around 300.... that'd be a handy lead to take into the second innings. Need an early wicket after tea though

Back